Where to buy a ctl1616 Tough Solar Battery?

Thread: Where to buy a ctl1616 Tough Solar Battery?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy a ctl1616 Tough Solar Battery?

Where can I get one of these at a good price?
    Is this the battery model that had all the problems in the past?

thanks,

Luke

Re: Where to buy a ctl1616 Tough Solar Battery?

watch battery UK sell them for £9.99. I've seen an American link on here that was cheaper, but I'm not sure it would be after shipping.

(It's right at the bottom of the page)

http://www.online-batteries.co.uk/Wa...-_CR3032.shtml
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_A_P View Post

thanks,

Luke
    You wouldn't happen to be the winning bidder of the MTG-900 off eBay that required a new battery would you?? If i recall, that auction ended just prior to your post :)

Rusty

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    You wouldn't happen to be the winning bidder of the MTG-900 off eBay that required a new battery would you?? If i recall, that auction ended just prior to your post :)

Rusty
    Yep that's me. Did you want it? I think I probably payed a bit more than it is worth, it looks like it is in pretty bad condition. Anyway, my plan is to take the dremel to the steel parts and buff it to a high shine.

Luke

Yep that's me. Did you want it? I think I probably payed a bit more than it is worth, it looks like it is in pretty bad condition. Anyway, my plan is to take the dremel to the steel parts and buff it to a high shine.

Luke
    I was watching it and was toying with a bid, but i've got an MTG-930DU that i wear for work already :)

Personally didn't think it looked in too bad a condition, assuming the new battery does revive it, then you've got a nice little solar atomic beater there

Bracelet/clasp is brushed so can easily be revived with scotchbrite cleaning pad, the only part of the cases that tend to show wear are the rubber/plastic bits at the front that stick out, the silver paint rubs off them over the years on the edges so you get grey plastic showing through...............not as bad looking as it sounds though.

Rusty

One of the larger pics showed the display actually working so my guess is the battery will fix it. I think from the pictures that there is already a lot of paint off the plastic, so I'm thinking I may take the rest off. (I did that to a silver mobile phone once and I was pleased with the very smooth effect I got afterwards.) But, what you say is exactly my aim,a solar atomic that I can bash about with impunity. I have 2 solar atomics ATM but neither are g-shocks, (PAW1300 and Oceanus).

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    I was watching it and was toying with a bid, but i've got an MTG-930DU that i wear for work already :)

Personally didn't think it looked in too bad a condition, assuming the new battery does revive it, then you've got a nice little solar atomic beater there

Bracelet/clasp is brushed so can easily be revived with scotchbrite cleaning pad, the only part of the cases that tend to show wear are the rubber/plastic bits at the front that stick out, the silver paint rubs off them over the years on the edges so you get grey plastic showing through...............not as bad looking as it sounds though.

Rusty

Well if it's any consolation, they're really well made :) i bought a GW-810B (i think) about six months ago with a view to replacing the MTG as my work watch. Similar looking watch, with similar bracelet and clasp, but 5 band atomic, though it was not an MTG.

Needless to say, the GW-810 was cast into the bay and the MTG-930 is still on my wrist at work everyday :) Just feels so much more solid and well made.....................dunno if it's the 'MTG' that makes the difference, or just the fact the the 810 was newer and not as well made as the 930.

Rusty

thanks,

Luke

here

Quote Originally Posted by asuoab View Post
    That's the link I've seen here before, but when you get to the checkout, it doesn't look like they ship outside the US.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    That's the link I've seen here before, but when you get to the checkout, it doesn't look like they ship outside the US.
    That was the place I ordered CTL1616 for MTG-900 years ago. They sent by envelope, and I think It also will be OK for international (flat rate $5).
    For international buyers, they better email or call them for shipping inquiry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information