Where to buy GW6900-1 and DW6900MS-1 Bezels?

Thread: Where to buy GW6900-1 and DW6900MS-1 Bezels?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy GW6900-1 and DW6900MS-1 Bezels?

As the title explains, I am wondering where is the best place to buy just the bezels for the DW6900-1 and DW6900MS-1 models. I tried stealthing the bezel of my GW6900-1 yesterday, but somehow the chemicals I soaked the bezel in changed the size of the bezel, making it bigger. :oops:

Should I just go straight to Casio and try to order these bezels?

Any help any of you can provide would be great! :thanks
    - Omega Plant Ocean 2201.50.00
    - Seiko Black Monster
    - Raymond Weil Tango

- Orient Mako (blue face)
    - G-Shock GW6900-1

Re: Where to buy GW6900-1 and DW6900MS-1 Bezels?

Beware: the DW-6900 bezel won't fit the GW model. The DW's are thicker.
    Tempus omnia revelat

Quote Originally Posted by Golf Nut View Post
    As the title explains, I am wondering where is the best place to buy just the bezels for the DW6900-1 and DW6900MS-1 models. I tried stealthing the bezel of my GW6900-1 yesterday, but somehow the chemicals I soaked the bezel in changed the size of the bezel, making it bigger. :oops:
    Golf Nut, I would call these guys direct. I've done so and they are super helpful especially with newer models that are not in the system just yet. The prices are very reasonable, they are fast to process and ship your order. If you call tomorrow just be prepared to wait a bit, as they are really busy on Mondays.

Pacific Coast Parts Dist. Inc.
    15024 Staff Court., Gardena, CA 90248

310-515-0207 / 800-421-5080

Cheers...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Flexofiel View Post
    Beware: the DW-6900 bezel won't fit the GW model. The DW's are thicker.

That would really be a bummer, as it has the stealthiness I was looking for when I tried to stealth the bezel of my GW6900-1. Are you sure about that? Would you please elaborate on how you know this?

Thanks!
    - Seiko Black Monster
    - Raymond Weil Tango

- G-Shock GW6900-1

Quote Originally Posted by Golf Nut View Post
    That would really be a bummer, as it has the stealthiness I was looking for when I tried to stealth the bezel of my GW6900-1. Are you sure about that? Would you please elaborate on how you know this?

Thanks!
    I read it too. They are different, one of the members posted it here.

I bought a new bezel from Casio for my GW-6900, so they do carry them.

Cheers...

(by the way I used the same product you did, but only treated the numbers (didn't soak it), left it on for 20 seconds, then used a brush to remove the paint. Worked well.)
    Last edited by archer6; September 13th, 2009 at 23:43.

Your post reminded me of a previous post where someone soaked the bezel for their GW-5600J in goof-off for several hours, resulting in it expanding as well... Did yours soak for an extended amount of time in it as well?

In his case, it sat in a bag for a long time (5 months) before he came back to it and found it had returned to its normal size. If you want to try something similar, maybe putting it in a bag with uncooked rice may pull out the excess goof-off that has soaked into the resin and expedite the process... In the meantime, you could order the other bezel and have an extra on hand if the stealthed one returns to normal. (besides, bezels usually are fairly cheap)

Good luck!
    Chris
    ---

Thanks for the advice. Yes I had it in GoofOff2 for 10 minutes at first, but when that didn't work I tried soaking it for longer. Still no luck. I swear Casio is using heavier duty paint these days! I even tried paint thinner and still the pain would not go away!

We'll see if it ever goes back to normal. In the meantime, I am going to call the place Archer mentioned tomorrow morning and see what these bezels cost.

Maybe this time I will just leave it as it comes and not mess with it.

Lessons learned.
    - Seiko Black Monster
    - Raymond Weil Tango

- G-Shock GW6900-1

This is why I'm categoricaly oposing the "soaking" method, as it made many people unhappy in the past.
    IMO, the 'how-to' guide on stealthing should be changed and reference to soaking bezels in acetone, nail polish removers and Goof-off removed and replaced with a more appropriate methods. I personaly use acetone free gentle nail polish remover combined with few short and brief strokes of medium-bristle toothbrush. Then wash the heck out of it with soap and warm water untill all the smell of a nail-polish remover is gone.

If I were you I'd just wash your expanded GW bezel well in warm and soapy water, dry it completely and leave the bezel in dark and dry place for some time (few months) to allow the resin compound to recover from the chemical shock and hopefuly regain its original form/shape.
    It should come right in the end, but patience will have to be excercised

As for the GW and DW bezels, Flexofiel is correct. The two watches are of different thickness, with GW solar model being thinner. Thus the bezel that covers the GW-6900 case is also thinner and the holes for push buttons are located a little higher in the side profile.

Hope this hepls

Quote Originally Posted by babola View Post
    This is why I'm categoricaly oposing the "soaking" method, as it made many people unhappy in the past.
    IMO, the 'how-to' guide on stealthing should be changed and reference to soaking bezels in acetone, nail polish removers and Goof-off removed and replaced with a more appropriate methods. I personaly use acetone free gentle nail polish remover combined with few short and brief strokes of medium-bristle toothbrush. Then wash the heck out of it with soap and warm water untill all the smell of a nail-polish remover is gone.
    +1 Good point Babola.

I actually use a similar approach, although I do use Goof-Off (vs. GO2) and I haven't had any issues... I use a lot of it on the bezel with scrubbing using a toothbrush, but after it has been exposed for a while I rinse it in water and dry it off before starting at it again.

Don't be too afraid to try it again, many people have done this with great success!
    Chris
    ---

You can check my posted measurements here as reference if you are still curious. All the best and hope you'll work out your problems soon with the bezel.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=294726

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information