Where do you store your "G's"??

Thread: Where do you store your "G's"??

Where do you store your "G's"??

Hi all... i wanted to ask mainly because i am having a hard time finding a place for my growing collection. :-D right now i have all my rare frogs and raysmans on one drawer stand, and all my store bought G shocks on another night stand. I am finding myself to be concerned about exposing the rare one's to heat :-S ... the one drawer is against a heating baseboard. should i be concerned about damaging some of these fairly expensive models to indoor heating?? some of them i havent even taken out of the package yet! iIhave a couple of nice display cases ordered.. but untill then.... So all members.. where do you store your collection? in a drawer, on display, under the bed so the missus wont see your new ones??!! :-D :-D

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where do you store your "G's"??

Hi Devori, as of now, I have only 3 g shocks but am expecting to have more soon.

My MTG 950 tough solar sits on top of my microwave oven stand for the day and then, I put it on the window sill once every few nights (no real exact timeframe here) for the radio wave reception to synchronize my watch overnight. It then goes back on the microwave. I have been doing this routine with the 950 since summer and have yet to see the power indicator drop down from full.

My Black Helios and my Brazilian are in the window sill during the day for this week only so they can get fully charged up and then they will take their place on top of the microwave oven stand.

I have a lot of windows in my house and the kitchen is really quite bright. These tough solars, once fully charged only need an hour or so of exposure to a brightly lit room per day to keep topped up and then...your good to go.

Good topic , I've always wondered where people stored their G's, especially the tough solars.
    Last edited by Timothy Patrick; February 28th, 2006 at 12:41.

Ive seen your pics.. you certainly are starting out proper!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My tough solars go on the window sill during the day and then they go into power saving mode when it's dark, so I let them sleep all nice and cosy in my sock drawer, they wanted to sleep in my wifes underwear drawer, but she was having none of it. :-D

My other G's generally get in quite late from Club G, the hippest place on the planet for G's to hang out, they sometimes make a noise when they get home, but recently I've imposed a curfew, so they have to be back in by 10pm.

Isn't life great?

Wink Re: Where do you store your "G's"??

You probably don't want to know. Some are lying here on my desk, I got 4 DW-6900H-4's and a GW-700 in a window sill, I know my red Frog is in the Bathroom and there are two or three G's on my bed stand. In a upstairs window sill is the Guardian Angels charging and the basic and Gold Defender Frog keep him company. My worn and wearers are kept in boxes. I believe I posted a pic of one of those yesterday... My new and precious ones are kept in their boxes or cans, stored in crates. I believe I have 4 crates now.

upstairs window sill

A sneak preview in one of those boxes

Me working on the ones in the crates

Cheers,

Sjrs
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

I have a watch cabinet with five drawers. Two of the drawers are G-Shock only with a few Timex. The rest of the drawers are Japanese or Swiss.

I tend to rotate wearing my G's and when I'm assisting in surgery my G sits under the nice bright lights of the nurse's station. I don't like to leave any of my solars in bright sunlight for several hours. I've heard that can damage the storage battery.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

i usually just leave it on my a shelf of my bookcase, covered with a clothe (so they won't be covered with dust)

every morning i just head there a pick one to wear

i need a better system :-D

Thread Information