where to find this one?

Thread: where to find this one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

where to find this one?

I'm wanting to get a G-Shock in OD Green that's solar, and USED, cheap. Mainly because this will be a watch that gets used for training and will see a lot of hard use. So scratches and dings wouldn't matter a bit, and I further wouldn't care about case or tin or any of that. My problem has been that I haven't found any good places ot buy such a thing other than E-BAY and I haven't seen any there besides a lot of copies and clones. Any sggestions? other sites or something? your help is appreciated!:thanks

*I'll be honest, I'm not THAT famiir with g-shocks. I have one, a 6900, but I really need one in OD Green that's solar. Any that are solar and OD green would fit the bill I guess!
    Last edited by snowandsteel; April 1st, 2010 at 04:47. Reason: added in *
    Author of "Snow and Steel", A WWII Eastern Front Action Novel.

Re: where to find this one?

how about a picture of what you want?

Mudman G9000-3V comes in OD green. I've got it and use it for rough training/activities and it has help up exceptionally well. Face of the watch is well protected so not very susceptible to scratches, bangs, or other damage. Wears very comfortably. As far as I'm concerned, the negative display and tough buttons haven't been an issue at all. I was pretty lucky and got mine brand new for $40. You can find them regularly on the 'bay for +/- $60. Mudman fakes are also very easy to discern from what I have seen. Good luck!

Sorry, forgot the part about atomic and solar. The 3V has neither of these features, but I haven't found them to be particularly necessary.
    Last edited by mannish916; April 1st, 2010 at 04:48. Reason: update

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tuanathon View Post
    how about a picture of what you want?
    Well, For a solar OD Green G-shock, there are several that I have seen.

GWM5600A-3? Mudman? G7301B-3V? GW002KA-3V? A slong as it's Solar, OD, and a cheap beater I honestly don't care.

Perhaps I'm not searching right on Ebay? All I keep finding are the copies and clones, and I don't want to get ripped off. As I aid, I don't know a whole lot about G-Shocks, so I could probably get a fakea on EBAY and not know it. If there IS a genuine one on ebay you could point out, that would be helpful too!

:thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mannish916 View Post
    Sorry, forgot the part about atomic and solar. The 3V has neither of these features, but I haven't found them to be particularly necessary.
    Actually, now that I think about it, the atmic isn't even really needed, just the solar and OD Green. Thanks for catching me on that - I ahd been looking at Amazon and got myself confused.:oops:

So yeah - OD and Solar is all that's imporant. This thing will be getting beat into metal edges, rails and corners, things like that, so that's why I don't want to ruin a new and/or collectible one.

If I'm not mistaken, battery life is approx. 10 years. And not sure exactly why solar is a requirement, but the solar's also use batteries. You're limiting your choices and upping the price by making these options a requirement..... just my two cents.

How about this one?:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Casio-G-Shock-me...item414e1f765a

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

OK, well, as I said I'm certainly no expert.

I was under the impression that the solar was always being recharged by the sun, and therefore never needed new batteries. So you're saying the rechargeable still needs replacing every 10 years, if I understand you correctly.

It would seem to me that a battery chane every 10 has got to be better thana battery change every other year - ro is there something else I'm not getting? You think it would be better to just get the regular, say, 5600 in OD green and deal with the occasional battery change? Are the rechargable batteries really expensive or hard ot get or something? Help me understand - I only have the one G-shock, but I do appreciate hpw tough it is! thanks!

Hi,
    most solar G-Shocks are powered by a CTL1616 which is neither expensive nor hard to get - it's a bit more expensive than a normal battery. And a solar G-Shock can probably run longer than 10 yrs on 1 cell. Just never let it drain completely. One big advantage is also that you can use the functions as much as you want to - the watch will simply recharge and you're good to go - however when I read those threads like 'Help - my battery went from 'H' to 'M'!' I sometimes get the expression that people worry more about their solar watches than they do about a standard G-Shock.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thanks for clarifying Sedi.

In both solar and non-solar, you should have a battery life of at least 10 years so not something to be very concerned with. For a beater watch, I would be more concerned with cost than the (minor) advantages offered by solar/atomic. But that's just my opinion and we all know how those work.

Anyways, it looks like Sedi found you exactly what you were looking for. Just in case, here's the one I mentioned:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Casio-G-Shock-Me...item414e4811f8

Can't really go wrong though, so good luck and enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information