Where is the GW-2000?

Thread: Where is the GW-2000?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where is the GW-2000?

Anyone notice that the GW-2000 is no longer on the Casio website? This is a new watch - where did it go?

Re: Where is the GW-2000?

Just did a quick search and found it on the Casio Europe site, but yeah it seems to be gone from the US site...

Strange...
    Chris
    ---

Despite not being on the Casio USA website (but ON the Casio Europe site), I did see a GW-2000 for sale at a watch vendor at a mall here in Maryland.

Of course, this does not in any way indicate whether this watch is widely available. From what it seems, it was available on Amazon's (USA) website earlier in the summer according to some posts on this forum but it is no longer available...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The GW-2000 seems to have come and gone very quickly from the major vendors in the USA. Why? I have no idea, as I had one and it was fantastic. The only reason I sent it back was it's typically small size that remains a characteristic of many Casio watches. I bought it and wore it, but just could not get used to how small they chose to make the case of the watch. If I had it to do again, I'd keep if only for it's unique features.

Cheers...

They were all over the place before I decided that was the watch for me. Then when I looked to order they were nowhere to be found. They have them on Ebay for full MSRP. That is a price I'm not willing to spend. I instead got the GW2500 A1. A good watch.
    Bulova Accutron
    Hamilton "Golden Boy"
    Tissot Ballade
    Casio G Shock GW2500-A1
    Omega Seamaster 212.30.41.20.01.002

Can you tell me what mall in Maryland? Thanks!

Pretty sure its been discontinued.

Tiktox still has them in stock, that's where I got mine 3-ish months ago.

Last edited by jhowton; October 15th, 2009 at 14:30. Reason: added picture

I'm not supprised... I think that guys who are into analog chronos tend to purchase more "blingy" bands... Casio is precived as "awesome, practically indestructable DIGITAL"... so yea... I'm not supprised...

Mind you other "ordinary" folk reviews that I've seen have often criticised a size and beeing farely difficult to use (their words not mine)...

I still have mine and I like it quite a bit...

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Prior to joining the ranks of G-Shock collectors, I've spent well over a decade collecting watches. My collection is centered on chronographs, hence my interest and acquisition of the GW2000. I find it a very interesting piece for a few reasons, one of which is the technology employed in the module. Yet if there was a "problem", in my opinion, it was a general resistance, of other users to read the manual before setting up the watch. Then as one proceeded, there was a short period of waiting time involved as the module responded and moved the sub dials as well as the main hands. While personally I found this perfectly acceptable, many did not. They criticized it as being too slow. So my take on it is perhaps Casio pulled this model, at least from the American market due to public acceptance issues. As far as my personal preference, I only wish it had been larger. As one will notice that most popular chronographs have larger easier to read sub dials made possible by a larger overall case size. Nonetheless I think the GW2000 is an excellent model.
    Cheers...
    posted via BlackBerry Bold
    Last edited by archer6; October 15th, 2009 at 15:09.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information