Where to possibly get spare parts for a MTG 512?

Thread: Where to possibly get spare parts for a MTG 512?

Unhappy Where to possibly get spare parts for a MTG 512?

Hi all

I received my MTG 512 as an engagement present from the lovely Mrs almost 10 years ago.
    It has served me VERY well.
    But alas nothing lasts forever and the plastic inner plastic/nylon casing has broken
    The loops that hold the strap pins have torn.

I have also posted on the spare parts thread but I was wondering if there is a GS "scrap yard" anywhere?

The Mrs is very disapointed that it is unwearable and sulks everytime she sees it in my bedside drawer.
    The sentimental value is what is driving me to get it fixed.

The watch was bought in South Africa. I currently reside in Queensland, australia. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    C

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Re: Where to possibly get spare parts for a MTG 512?

Hi. Welcome to WUS!

Sorry to hear about the busted bezel. Unfortunately that was hasn't been produce in years. Have you tried contacting Casio directly? Failing that, there's ebay and Yahoo Auctions in Japan.

Are you sure the watch isn't wearable any more? If the spring bars are still in place, you could run a NATO style strap through them or use adapters instead of using the bracelet which came with it. Not the same, but at least it'd be on your wrist.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Quote Originally Posted by DragonJade View Post
    Hi. Welcome to WUS! Thank you kind sir. A very nice establishment you have here. In my on going googleling for a fix this forum showed up so here I am.

Sorry to hear about the busted bezel. Unfortunately that was hasn't been produce in years. This I know unfortunately.

Have you tried contacting Casio directly? If you mean the licenced agents in South Africa(Jame Ralph), yes I have. They are not at all helpful. When the watch broke I took it directly to them. Initially they said yes, a week to fix it. 2 weeks later I get a phone call, "sorry can't help you, here is you watch".
    The Australian agent just says "Sorry, that model never came to Australia"
    Is there a contact email for Casio head office(Japan)? I couldn't find one on the website. Only details for the agents worldwide

Failing that, there's ebay Never seen one, but not there every day! and Yahoo Auctions in Japan. Will try this. Do you perhaps have a link/address?

Are you sure the watch isn't wearable any more? If the spring bars are still in place, you could run a NATO style strap through them or use adapters instead of using the bracelet which came with it. Not the same, but at least it'd be on your wrist. The spring bars just pull out as there is no longer anything holding them in place. It is a backwards design to most G-Shocks. The bezel locates inside the bracelet ends. This makes a NATO style strap not an option as well.

Thanks for the help

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Unfortunately the only way to contact Casio Watches officially is via their online form (which needs a Japanese postal address before it will let you submit, I believe), or by phone (if you speak Japanese):
    時計 お客様サポートメニュー - お客様サポート - CASIO

Yahoo Auctions:
    Yahoo!

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Thread Information