Where to source out of production O-rings?
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Dan T.
  • 5 Post By zack20cb

Thread: Where to source out of production O-rings?

Where to source out of production O-rings?

I need a caseback o-ring for a JP-200W. Parts have been discontinued. Any other sources?

Name:  vintage-casio-jp-200w-excercise-pulse_360_4dfd7081b250a1183c56bc5466e7055a.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  120.9 KB

Re: Where to source out of production O-rings?

Unfortunately it's an odd shape

Quote Originally Posted by Dan GSR View Post
    I need a caseback o-ring for a JP-200W. Parts have been discontinued. Any other sources?

Name:  vintage-casio-jp-200w-excercise-pulse_360_4dfd7081b250a1183c56bc5466e7055a.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  120.9 KB
    Do you have the original O-ring? If so, you're in luck. Most O-rings are bendy - way more bendy than the plastic gaskets for sure. All you need to do is get the o-ring out of this watch and measure it with a caliper. Since it has an odd shape, one technique you could use to get an accurate measurement is to stretch it out between two nails/pins until it's taut, but not stretched. Then measure that length with your caliper, and double it. That's your outside diameter. Then just measure it's thickness with your caliper, and subtract it from the outside diameter, and that's your inner diameter. From there go to Esslinger.com or some other watch supplier online and order the one you need. They come in packs of three in case you screw it up. Or, better yet, buy the bag of assorted O-rings in your thickness, that way if your measurement was off a little bit, you just reach into the bag and grab the next highest/lowest o-ring, and Bob's your uncle. Also don't forget the silicone.
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I considered that too

You may know this already, but some people probably don’t: you can also buy o-ring stock in long rolls, cut it to the length you need, and then carefully superglue the ends together to make a ring. This is not considered a hack in the science or tech R&D worlds, it’s absolutely a legitimate technique.

Not common knowledge. Thank you for sharing

Thread Information