Where's the Sapphire??

Thread: Where's the Sapphire??

Where's the Sapphire??

As far as I know (perhaps with the exception of the current MR-G 6 or 7000), have there ever been any G-Shocks with a Sapphier Crystal?? Personally I don't think so. One reason G-Shocks are so great is that they provide fashionable uber strong technologic watch performance at a price that most of us can deal with. I would imagine that a sapphire crstal G-Shock would be very expensive. As far as I know, even the great Revman is some kind of mineral/hardex crystal;and definitely not Sapphire. I'm curious what kind of crystal they use for the more upper end G-Shocks.

Thanx Ya'll, David
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Where's the Sapphire??

Hello David:

Actually, a sapphire crystal wouldn't add that much more to the cost of the watch. The problem with sapphire crystals are, thought they are quite scratch resistant, they are very brittle and can easily crack under harsh use.

Given the treatment which a G-Shock is designed to withstand, I would prefer a mineral crystal. Tensile flexibility coupled with scratch resistance exceeding glass or acrylic. And if you do scratch a mineral crystal the scratch can be easily removed with buffing agents.

But I agree, high end G's such as the 7000 or 7100 should have a sapphire crystal to compliment the exclusive nature of such a watch.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

buddha-g

After reading your post I clicked on the picture while I pondered your comments. Now suddenly I don't remember what you said. Where did you et that picture? They certainly put the logo where I, for one, would notice it. Now I have read your post again! Curse the luck, man!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Awesome!! That is so funny Bhudda-G, isn't it a great pic? Actually I grabbed it off of this site a long time ago, perhaps it was from Ozzie; though it may have been someone else. Yes yes, beautiful babes and the G-Shock are a sizzling hott dorky duo. Cheers.

David

Thread Information