While walking through the Mall...

Thread: While walking through the Mall...

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    842

    While walking through the Mall...

    ... i found a legit stand with G-Shocks. They had the new GW6900, Oceanus, G7900, Riseman,Pro Treks, Edifice, Eric Haze 5600, Crazy Color 6900....even a GW-9200RJ-4 (Men In Rescue Orange)...and some more.

    I have never seen a Mudman in real life and because I have been thinking about getting a GW900A-1 or similar I tried on the only Mudman they had. A G-9000R-4 (Men In Rescue Orange). I was disappointed about the Mudman. Somehow I thought they were bigger on the wrist but it seemed rather small. I didnt like the orange color anyway but now I am wondering if I should get a Mudman at all.

    Is the GW900A-1 the same size as the one i tried on?

  2. #2
    Member Sedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bamberg, Germany
    Posts
    13,980

    Re: While walking through the Mall...

    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Is the GW900A-1 the same size as the one i tried on?
    Yes - the GW-9000A is exactly the same size like any other Mudman. That's why you can change bezels and straps so nicely:



    Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

  3. #3
    Member babola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,383

    Re: While walking through the Mall...

    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    While walking through the Mall...... i found a legit stand with G-Shocks.
    Hmm, mind boggles doesn't it?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    13* 48' N ; 144* 45 E
    Posts
    144

    Re: While walking through the Mall...

    I really like the 9xxxx series Mudman except:

    My GW90010 is a really finicky syncer..some days nada, then sync. The Gw-5600BCJ syncs religiously every night..15 feet away from the window, tucked in the closet, encased in its box....go figure.
    Secondly, I just cannot come to terms with the GW-900A..sorry..just cant.

    Fokai

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    TLV
    Posts
    1,360

    Re: While walking through the Mall...

    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    ... i found a legit stand with G-Shocks. They had the new GW6900, Oceanus, G7900, Riseman,Pro Treks, Edifice, Eric Haze 5600, Crazy Color 6900....even a GW-9200RJ-4 (Men In Rescue Orange)...and some more.

    I have never seen a Mudman in real life and because I have been thinking about getting a GW900A-1 or similar I tried on the only Mudman they had. A G-9000R-4 (Men In Rescue Orange). I was disappointed about the Mudman. Somehow I thought they were bigger on the wrist but it seemed rather small. I didnt like the orange color anyway but now I am wondering if I should get a Mudman at all.

    Is the GW900A-1 the same size as the one i tried on?
    If you want big, go for the G7900 !
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    842

    Re: While walking through the Mall...

    Quote Originally Posted by freeman View Post
    If you want big, go for the G7900 !

    I had the Green G7900. Nice watch and comfy but didnt like the Moon/Tide thing..
    I just dont use it at all.

  8. #7
    Member filedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NM, USA
    Posts
    142

    Re: While walking through the Mall...

    I have a GW-9010, mine syncs a bit EARLIER than a GW-5600 I had, so go figure. Yes, it IS a compact G, BUT, wears comfortably, has a cool module, and if you like the display (some hate it - I think it's great ) it makes a nice package.
    If you want a bigger G, the G-7900 is GREAT!! Comfy, cool module, reasonable price (no solar or atomic), and CHUNKY. I just got the -3 (green), really nice looking. I don't NEED the tide info, moon display is COOL though.
    As opposed to the gulfman, I can actually SEE these items without glasses

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    TLV
    Posts
    1,360

    Re: While walking through the Mall...

    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    I had the Green G7900. Nice watch and comfy but didnt like the Moon/Tide thing..
    I just dont use it at all.
    I don't use the tide either but I find the graph nice to see. Regarding the moon age, I have no serious use of it, but I like to know the moon situation, because it gives a physical touch to the time measurement, it also gives the opportunity to know in advance if the night is dark or light (full moon). The G7900 is very complete and the moon/tide thing is just a +... anyway you can still stick to the G6900, one of the biggest.
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    TLV
    Posts
    1,360

    Re: While walking through the Mall...

    Quote Originally Posted by filedog View Post
    IAs opposed to the gulfman, I can actually SEE these items without glasses
    Agreed, the display of the Gulfman is quite small, the display of the solar Gulfman is bigger but then it doesn't have the moon/tide and full date.
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •