who else hates metal strap keepers?
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: who else hates metal strap keepers?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

who else hates metal strap keepers?

Ive got a couple 9400s and I absolutely hate the metal strap keepers. They scratch up easy and all are hard on my key board. I was just thinking that I cant be alone in that.

Does anyone have an alternative resin keeper of decent quality? I just purchased a couple off ebay from over seas but im sure they are low quality as they were ridiculously cheap.
    Phreddo and JustAbe like this.

Re: who else hates metal strap keepers?

I don't hate metal strap keepers. I hate all keepers, period. Why can't manufacturers all do the design where the strap tucks in under itself neatly? I know Omega and Hublot have done it for quite a while, and Zenith has just started adopting it. Casio needs to step up!!

Name:  20200210_155954.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  1.69 MB

Name:  20200210_160011.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  1.61 MB

Name:  20200210_160042.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  1.26 MB
    kenls, StephenWatch and JustAbe like this.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

I have them on my 5035D and 5735D. I'm surprised how well the IP has held up. They add a dressy touch to the watch and have the 35th anniversary starring which is cool too, but, frankly, I think I would prefer resin.

As a not altogether unrelated aside, I think G-Shock has become too distracted with metal. I understand they have to sell watches, but I'm beginning to wonder if they've drifted too much. GW-B5000 screwback, Japan made, premium resin would be ace.
    Last edited by tomchicago; 2 Weeks Ago at 00:55.
    JustAbe likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Given how often my wife's strap keepers have broken, I prefer the metal on my 9400.

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!
    JustAbe and babyivan like this.

I buy these from Amazon. Especially useful for straps that are a tad to long and tucks the tail down.

https://www.amazon.com/CACA-Silicone...apparel&sr=1-7

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Yes! I agree they are too focused on metal. It’s as if they have lost their way.

Keep it real G shock!!!
    tomchicago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman6976 View Post
    Ive got a couple 9400s and I absolutely hate the metal strap keepers. They scratch up easy and all are hard on my key board. I was just thinking that I cant be alone in that.

Does anyone have an alternative resin keeper of decent quality? I just purchased a couple off ebay from over seas but im sure they are low quality as they were ridiculously cheap.
    not a huge fan cos they tend to move around a bit but a second keeper keeps it all in place. in general, i think its a nice touch for a premium model and they can add an extra design or text.
    its nothing to do with casio being too focused on metal. iirc the first metal keepers were on the 9400 rangers way back in 2013, long before the current metal craze.

nothing wrong with the cheap keepers from ebay either. years ago i got the silicone ones (same as what wit posted), they do the job but theyre thick with "sharp" edges and the silicone grips on everything. recently i got ones that look exactly like the G ones with the 2 holes, theyre much closer in look and feel to the original ones. for the price, you cant really go wrong either way and if they stop you from losing your mind over the metal ones, its def. worth it
    JustAbe and babyivan like this.
    Grandma's chicken salad

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by tomchicago View Post
    I have them on my 5035D and 5735D. I'm surprised how well the IP has held up. They add a dressy touch to the watch and have the 35th anniversary starring which is cool too, but, frankly, I think I would prefer resin.
    I love the metal keeper on the 5035. For whatever reason, it simply always works correctly for me.

If you’re looking for a genuine Casio option to switch your GW-9400 strap to a resin keeper, this is one option:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F233480711919

Highly rated seller, $15 shipped for a strap and keeper. There’s probably some way cheaper out there to get just a keeper, but this would be fire and forget, and you would have a spare strap.
    coltpeacemaker041 likes this.

Nope, I like 'em.
    Dav25 and babyivan like this.
    Mandatu da u mo dispositivu cù i mo dita picculi.

Yep, I like them too.

I've got a 5735 and GA-113 with Casio keepers and a project 6600 with an aftermarket one.

To me it doesn't matter if they get marked a bit, they'll be in keeping with the resins which never stay perfect either.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information