Who has bought a G-shock with a specific purpose in mind?

Thread: Who has bought a G-shock with a specific purpose in mind?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Who has bought a G-shock with a specific purpose in mind?

Hi,

let me explain: I'm a terrible swimmer. I hated water as a boy and I avoided all things water related later on in life... until I found this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lUHudMN1TU

I really wanted to learn how to swim like that, so I bought a G-shock to accompany me to the swimming pool, to keep an eye on the time spent in the pool etc...

About the video: I had trouble swimming 75 m using breast stroke, but this helps me swim +200 m with minimal effort. And I keep improving!!

Anyone else have a similar story?

Bjorn

Re: Who has bought a G-shock with a specific purpose in mind?

Bought my first one to take to Oz and OZ travelling - it was not only very waterproof for surfing heavy waves, it also had a data bank - the idea being that if everything got stolen, I'd have essential numbers on the watch. Of course nothing happened!

Learnt our lesson before in France when our car got broken into, everything got stolen and it was a massive headache getting everything sorted.

The Oz trip was 10 years ago - the watch is still going strong!
    Seiko SKZ7211J Atlas /Landshark (Japan version) automatic
    Casio G Shock GS1100 Giez, GT006 and GWX-8900
    Suunto Ambit3 Nepal Edition

I bought one for running but it wasn't particularly good as the digits are small so I got an Ironman and the digits are much nicer for running. When you are running the jolting makes smaller digits difficult to see. On the mtb/road bike it's fine though. The large displays of the Ironman watches are just a pleasure to use imo .

Casio makes a tougher watch with some nice features and better build quality though! They arguably look cooler as well .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I bought mine since I wanted a digital watch that I could wear without problems during outdoor activities.

I bought my MIRB Frogman because I took up diving, and didn't want to destroy my Seiko Tuna and other auto divers.

Bought mine because as a 10ish year old boy in the early '80 the digital watch has been like an imprinting to me. No matter if I drop a wad of cash into Rolex and IWC,I end up wearing my Casios again and feel really comfortable. And sell all the others expensive and dull watches,wich I really did recently.

Got my first G quite a few years ago (well first since I had a couple back in the 80's now long gone) specifically to use while swimming laps and timing my reps. I remember researching and wanting certain things like 200M WR, a stopwatch of course, and being able to see the current time in all modes. Naturally G-Shock came to mind, and I discovered tough solar and wavecepter, and was sold on a GW-700A. Definitely function over form for me on this one, but it has never had a problem, I always press buttons while under water, can monitor how I'm doing while timing my reps AND also see the time. Battery level has always been on High, and it syncs every night. So it may not be a looker, it has been a beater that takes a lot but doesn't show it. BTW - it still is my lap swimming watch today and is only worn for that purpose too.

i bought my G-Shocks for one and only one purpose ...

... to wear them

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92 View Post

... to wear them

Indeed!! Forgot that's the purpose for all my other G's, and they wear quite well thank you

opc

I bought my first (GW-M5600BC) just to wear at weekends, etc. when I was doing things like playing with my children, hiking and gardening. Since then, it has become my main watch for the office, as I prefer its functions to the analog chronographs that I have.

I've now bought another one and plan to buy some more.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information