Sorry for the off-topic post:
Im bored so i tried to google the father of g-shock, mr. Kikuo ibe
apparently aside from the history of how he came up with the g-shock idea and some other small anecdotes, nothing is really known about the man, the inventor, the elusive father of g-shock. He doesnt even have a wikipedia page!
so here's what i got on mr. Ibe san:
- a graduate of mechanical engineering from sophia university in japan
- already a head of design in casio before the eureka moment of designing a 10/10/10 watch
- was working on miniature tech at casio before he switched focus on designing the first g
- owns only 2 g-shocks (the original dw5000 and a dw5600)
- he is interested in swiss watches
- likes growing vegetables on his 100sqm land and likes to give said vegetables to his neighbors
and thats it! I want more details of this man! details like:
- what brand of watch was it that his father gave him for his high school graduation that he ultimately dropped and broke?
- did he work at casio directly after graduating his engineering course? Did he start out as an assistant to the assistant of the assistant designer of casio and rose to the rank of head of design?
- does he own other watches? Does he also own a 100sqm room full of rolexes?
- since he was head of design at casio before the g-shock, what casio non g's did he design?
- does he have a family? A wife, children? Do they all wear omegas?
- what car does he drive? How many ferraris does he own? When did he wreck his first maclaren?
- The 100sqm land he used for planting his vegetables, is it just beside his 10,000sqm mansion?
- did the illuminati help him in the design of the g-shock?
- approx 50 million g-shocks were sold, does he also have $50 million in his bank account?
i want a "keeping up with the kikuo's" tv show! Hey hollywood!
feel free to add more info.
Thanks wus masters!