WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Who's going to post first GLS-5600?

13K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  samael_6978 
#1 ·
I know some members ordered new GLS-5600. My WCL (all black version) is on the way to my door in the USPS truck.

Is there anyone else that owns one of the new GLSs and wants to share pictures?

Or am I gonna to be the first one? (I'm not good at unboxing threads).

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

#2 ·
You'll receive yours way before I get mine. Not even sure if mine has left Japan yet. It'll be another week or two at least for me.

You don't have to be good at unboxing threads. But do post some pics, at least! :)

Reactions: Spirit of the Watch
#4 ·
Mine came in last week.

You beat me to it. I have the velcro strap version. I get what Casio was trying to do--include the strap that can be worn over the coat but it's just too thick.
My strap and the adapters will be for sale shortly. I just have to make up my mind off I want regular 5600 strap or velcro.
The module is nice. It has a chance to become my favorite...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

#8 · (Edited)
Wrist Watch accessory Watch Strap Fashion accessory

Got this today. gls-5600wcl I like everything except the strap. It just feels weird this fabric velcro strap. I expected that so I allready ordered gw-5000 strap (it fits this model right?) .

I chose this over dw-5600 negative displays because I heard it has better display. And have to say that this negative display is quite easy to read.

Also one thing that i did not like was that that this does not show time when using stopwatch. I do not know why but for some reason I thought that this has time when using stopwatch.

But overall I like it. Good display means a lot. And I think I like this even more when I get the gw-5000 strap (if anyone wants to buy adapters and velcro strap I propably will sell it) + -low temp display is useful in Finland.

#19 ·
View attachment 12840033

Got this today. gls-5600wcl I like everything except the strap. It just feels weird this fabric velcro strap. I expected that so I allready ordered gw-5000 strap (it fits this model right?) .

I chose this over dw-5600 negative displays because I heard it has better display. And have to say that this negative display is quite easy to read.

Also one thing that i did not like was that that this does not show time when using stopwatch. I do not know why but for some reason I thought that this has time when using stopwatch.

But overall I like it. Good display means a lot. And I think I like this even more when I get the gw-5000 strap (if anyone wants to buy adapters and velcro strap I propably will sell it) + -low temp display is useful in Finland.
Looks good!

When you mentioned it doesn't show time in the stopwatch mode I was also a little confused, I thought it had time shown as well. The manual (click me for module 3178) says it should show time except when "During stopwatch elapsed time measurement, shows the number of hours elapsed".
So, does that mean it shows the time when on the stopwatch screen, but not when the stopwatch is running?

Reactions: Phreddo
#16 ·
So if any of you folks are interested in this watch, it seems that TJ Maxx has gotten a bunch of them in. I saw the white bezel one, the black bezel/white face one and the green with the negative display at my local TJ maxx for $49.99 plus tax

so before placing an order to casio or Japan, go a round to your local TJ Maxx store and see if they are selling them.

I bought the black/white face one

#17 · (Edited)
So if any of you folks are interested in this watch, it seems that TJ Maxx has gotten a bunch of them in. I saw the white bezel one, the black bezel/white face one and the green with the negative display at my local TJ maxx for $49.99 plus tax

so before placing an order to casio or Japan, go a round to your local TJ Maxx store and see if they are selling them.

I bought the black/white face one
Thanks pal! I'm going to check their website right now as I've never seen a g shock at the Ames, IA T.J. Maxx

Edit: Nada, no Casio's for sale. I went to Nordstrom Rack once and they've had boxes of G shocks in their stores before. If you live near one they might have a cheaper G Shock for sale... no guarantees though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.