Who's watching the Mayweather/McGregor fight - and what G are you wearing???
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Who's watching the Mayweather/McGregor fight - and what G are you wearing???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Wink Who's watching the Mayweather/McGregor fight - and what G are you wearing???

Yeah, I admit it, I succumbed to the hype. I wasn't planning to watch this fight, but I ended up ordering the PPV. Couldn't help myself!!

I've been a boxing fan most of my life. Well, I enjoy watching primarily the highly skilled fighters. Watching unknowns or lower-tier boxers doesn't interest me at all.

I watched the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight in 2015 and told myself I'd never watch another Mayweather bout. (guess I changed my mind!) He fought a very defensive fight that night. He did "just enough" to win, but he certainly did not go out there to brawl with the Pacman. He was very very cautious and it was, to me, a very boring fight.

All the experts say that McGregor barely has a chance tonite and that's probably true. That's probably the smart bet. But in the fight game, you never know... McGregor has IMO an unorthodox style, and that could be an advantage for him against Mayweather. McGregor also has power and speed, and an age advantage. Mayweather though is a great defensive boxer, and it might be difficult for McGregor to hit him with many power punches.

Should be interesting! I'm wearing my D1000 Frogman, just in CASE the unheard of happens... and I can mark the time that McGregor knocks out Mayweather with a time stamp!

Mayweather "should" be able to knock McGregor out, as a seasoned pro boxer fighting a NON pro-boxer. If he doesn't at least attempt to do that, I will have no respect for him at all...
    Knives and Lint likes this.

Re: Who's watching the Mayweather/McGregor fight - and what G are you wearing???

I've got work at 0615 in the morning, so no boxing for me. But I agree Mayweather "should" have no issues taking this one. C-Mac is a tough cookie, though.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Time4Playnow likes this.
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

"I think he's referring to the design style that's typically called a 'field watch', not necessarily the best watch to take into the field. But yeah, G-Shock ftw." - WUS User 'GuySie'

Re: Who's watching the Mayweather/McGregor fight - and what G are you wearing???

I am waiting to see if McGregor will suffer irreversible brain damage, or die. The amount of blows he will take to the head aren't going to be good, this should never have been sanctioned, it just makes a mockery of professional boxing. The last one of these fights ended with someone in the hospital who eventually died.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    watchusthappened likes this.
    Luminox 1881.BO Field Chrono
    G-Shock GPW-1000T-1A (The BEAST)
    G-Shock GD-350-1BER
    (2) G-Shock GXW-56BB-1JF (The KING - I own 2 because everyone should own at least two...LOL)
    G-Shock GW-9300GB-1JF (Mudman)
    G-Shock GD-350-1C (Custom - Black Bezel)
    G-Shock GWX-5600C-7JF (G-LIDE)
    G-Shock GW-5000-1JF
    G-Shock GD-X6900-1CR
    G-Shock GW-9300DC-1CR (Mudman - Custom - Black Bezel Screws/Strap Screws/Strap keeper/Buckle)
    G-Shock G
    W-M5610-1BJF (I want to enter this one in for a honorary COSC rating, its running about .75 seconds fast per month!)
    G-Shock GB-5600B-1JF
    G-Shock GD-X6900MC-1
    Lum-Tec COMBAT B24 Carbon (Miyota 9015 Japan Automatic Movement)
    Lum-Tec COMBAT B35 Auto (STP 1-11 Swiss Automatic Movement)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well I didn't think I would watch but I am. Looking forward to something that will be at least a tiny bit competitive (I'm hoping anyway).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time4Playnow likes this.

This new little guy.. I'll take over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On duty now. Will pick up the pieces later after the drinking starts.
    Wearing the GWG.

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ocddave View Post
    I am waiting to see if McGregor will suffer irreversible brain damage, or die. The amount of blows he will take to the head aren't going to be good, this should never have been sanctioned, it just makes a mockery of professional boxing. The last one of these fights ended with someone in the hospital who eventually died.

Yikes!! Let's hope that NEITHER of those things happens!

Hopefully the referee will stop the fight immediately if it's clear that McGregor cannot defend himself.

Floyd will defeat this loudmouth. And I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ocddave View Post

Nothing like thats going to happen, Connors a tough bloke who has copped way more in MMA than he will ever face in boxing, including huge kicks, elbows and knees and fists, and they are with the thinner style mma gloves.

MMA fighters are usually a lot tougher than boxers, thats a known fact.

At the very most conner will be knocked out no harm done to him, but id love to see him put one on mayweathers chin and knock him out.

Mayweather should beat him on volume and points but CM is a smart fighter who ive no doubt is a lot fitter than an ageing Mayweather, it will be closer than many think.
    Pencey Prep likes this.

Nope, but I'm for McGregor, can't stand the woman beating Mayweather. Conner is making 100 million, more than he could in a career of MMA. More power to him.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator
    Last edited by Steelerswit; August 27th, 2017 at 05:57.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information