Why am I being tempted...

Thread: Why am I being tempted...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why am I being tempted...

I own an AWG-101 which does everything I need of it. Yet when I spot a secondhand G-100 in a local shop for £40, why am I so tempted to go back and grab it?

I know I have no use for it, and other than looking slightly different (navy with yellow accents iirc) and being anti-magnetic (which has never been an issue to me) it is inferior - it runs on standard batteries that need replacing, and lacks the atomic sync that makes the AWG-101 such a good watch to keep in the background until I need it.

Despite this though, I am still feeling very tempted to go back for a closer look with some money in my pocket just in case...

I don't even know why I am appealing to you lot either, none of you will be any use in stopping me spending money on things I don't really need...

Re: Why am I being tempted...

i am trying to make the same decision but i'm tempted to buy a awg101...
    i cannot help you while i cannot help myself.....
    watches are meant to tell times..

The G-100 tells the time accurately enough (most of us have at least one automatic watch, so clearly aren't that bothered about the watch being a few seconds off(!)) The AWG-101 just has more stuff to go wrong.

I've had both, and of the two I'd choose the G-100, but it's a close run thing. Really you need to have both.
    'I never done it'

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ecalzo View Post
    i am trying to make the same decision but i'm tempted to buy a awg101...
    i cannot help you while i cannot help myself.....
    Obviously you should get yourself an AWG-101, it is a rather fantastic watch

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    The G-100 tells the time accurately enough (most of us have at least one automatic watch, so clearly aren't that bothered about the watch being a few seconds off(!)) The AWG-101 just has more stuff to go wrong.

I've had both, and of the two I'd choose the G-100, but it's a close run thing. Really you need to have both.
    I did debate using the excuse of getting it as a simpler backup, while I do currently have a Timex Humvee for that job, though I guess it isn't a G or have an analog display...

Think of it as a back up in case of a nuclear winter.

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineM View Post
    Think of it as a back up in case of a nuclear winter.
    nice
    watches are meant to tell times..

When the battery goes out in one, you wear the second until you get the first battery replaced. But just in case both batteries go out at the same time, you should probably pick up a third one. But just in case all three batteries go out at the same time, you should probably pick up a fourth one. And so on, and so forth, until you have them all. . . .
    D

I bought a used G-100 for £8, and after resealing the back it was a pretty good watch, mine's a bit rough but does its job perfectly.
    New: Omega Seamaster Professional 2541.80
    Tag Heuer 2000 Professional 962.013
    Casio GW-M5600
    Casio G-5600KG-3
    Brooks and Bentley MG Legends
    Casio F-91W

Quote Originally Posted by link2derek View Post
    When the battery goes out in one, you wear the second until you get the first battery replaced. But just in case both batteries go out at the same time, you should probably pick up a third one. But just in case all three batteries go out at the same time, you should probably pick up a fourth one. And so on, and so forth, until you have them all. . . .
    But isn't that why I bought a Solar model? All I need to do is sit out in the sun for a while wearing my watch and everything is good surely...

My current battery powered backup is a pure digital model that I have repaired in the past (a broken tongue on the strap buckle and broken pins) so perhaps a new analog model may be worthwhile. Looking on ebay the price doesn't actually seem too bad, though I am not too sure on the quality as I haven't had a closer look yet.

What did I say at the start? You guys are no use in stopping me buying more watches I don't really need. :thanks

doesnt matter how long you have been buying g shocks or how many you have that we all want more give me more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information