Why do I like these equaly?
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Why do I like these equaly?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Why do I like these equaly?

Why do I like the solar atomic square just as much as the solar non-atomic?

Robot Check

V.S.

Robot Check
    CASIO GW-M5610-1 & PULSAR PQ2011

Question Why do I like these equaly?

Why do I like the solar atomic square just as much as the solar non-atomic?

Robot Check

V.S.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OS0FLA/...I1AWA1HZPOUYZ2

Re: Why do I like these equaly?

Probably because each one is good at what it's designed to do.

It's the same reason that I have a socket set AND combination wrenches AND crescent wrenches in my toolbox.

It's the same reason why I've liked (and owned) a variety of cars, SUV's, a motorcycle and a minivan.

Most G-Shocks are good at a LOT of things, but there are still compromises because Casio doesn't make ONE model with EVERY SINGLE available feature -- and they probably never will. (Victorinox makes a Swiss Army Knife with practically every tool they ever offered, but in doing so it gets away from its practicality as a "pocket knife." If Casio tried to do the same thing, and make the display large enough to be legible, it would probably be the size of a small wall clock. )

If you buy just one or two more G-Shocks -- especially if they're NOT "squares" like your current favorites -- you'll probably see why many of us here own multiple G-Shocks, and why Casio makes so many different models. Some models are just better at certain things, while other models are better at others.
    idkfa, GaryK30 and nb9001 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

...and why did you start TWO IDENTICAL THREADS?

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/why...y-2858138.html

It's weird, both cost the same.. the atomic one is an extra feature I can ignore, if i didnt need to use it... but i still feel torn between the two...

maybe its because it's one less thing to worry about...

Less power use?
    Last edited by Rostislav Persion; February 5th, 2016 at 23:12.

You don't need to worry about power use with non-ABC watches. You just don't have enough functions to take the watch down from 'H'. My GW-5000 was at 'M' for a day when I first got it and I have never seen it drop from 'H' in over two years. Even ABC watches usually stay on 'H' if you keep them in the sun from time to time. That being said, my PRG-270 dips down to 'M' if I use the pressure tracking function for too long, though it was in a box for quite some time and I got it right as the winter started (it has never made it too far into 'H').

EDIT: This is incorrect, I was thinking of the GW-5600.

If it helps any, they are both slightly different, aesthetically speaking. They are both "squares" but the G5600 is more square whereas the GWM (and DW-5600, GW-5000) is more rectangular. The G5600 bezel is not compatible with the GWM.
    Last edited by idkfa; February 5th, 2016 at 23:59.
    Mike K and GaryK30 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rostislav Persion View Post
    It's weird, both cost the same.. the atomic one is an extra feature I can ignore, if i didnt need to use it... but i still feel torn between the two...

maybe its because it's one less thing to worry about...

Less power use?
    It's one less thing to worry about for YOU, but it's one less feature that the rest of us enjoy having but most of us don't obsess over.

If someone lives in India or Australia and wants a solar square, there's not much need for them to pay extra for the atomic feature that they can't easily use. (They're the same cost at Amazon here in the US, but the atomic version has a higher MSRP.)

There is SLIGHTLY less power use with the "solar only" model because it can't go into "receive mode" -- go read the "Power Supply" section on the last page of each of the manuals.

G5600E manual: http://support.casio.com/storage/en/...009/qw3160.pdf

GW-5610 manual: http://support.casio.com/storage/en/...009/qw3159.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
    If it helps any, they are both slightly different, aesthetically speaking. They are both "squares" but the G5600 is more square whereas the GWM (and DW-5600, GW-5000) is more rectangular. The G5600 bezel is not compatible with the GWM.

You don't need to worry about power use with non-ABC watches. You just don't have enough functions to take the watch down from 'H'. My GW-5000 was at 'M' for a day when I first got it and I have never seen it drop from 'H' in over two years. Even ABC watches usually stay on 'H' if you keep them in the sun from time to time. That being said, my PRG-270 dips down to 'M' if I use the pressure tracking function for too long, though it was in a box for quite some time and I got it right as the winter started (it has never made it too far into 'H').

If I had to spend $10 more dollars on my gw-m5610 for it to not have auto EL, I would pay extra...

If I had to spend $10 more dollars on my gw-m5610 for it to not have auto EL, I would pay extra...
    I always have my Auto-EL turned off. I treat it as a "nice to have" but something I never use. I have played with it from time to time but I have a knack for activating it FAR too often. The power use doesn't concern me, it is more about having a glowing wrist all the time and the light catching my glance.
    Mike K likes this.

I hope you realize you can just turn off auto EL. There is no need to have different models with and without it.
    Mike K likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information