Why do I never see Risemans in stores?

Thread: Why do I never see Risemans in stores?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why do I never see Risemans in stores?

It seems Risemans, and to an extent Gulfmans, are less common than the other G's. Whenever I go to Macy's or other stores that sell G-shocks, I always see loads of 6900's, Mudman, GD-100, a couple GD-110 and GA-100, and maybe a king or two. But I don't think I've ever seen a Riseman in a shop.

Re: Why do I never see Risemans in stores?

We got at least one bigger store in Bamberg that has a Riseman on display. I think it is the same model over the last years however - don't think they ever sold one. I guess people think the price is too high and rather buy the "bread and butter" models like a DW-6900 or a GD-100. In Germany the Riseman is twice the price of a G-9000 Mudman. So if they can't sell it they probably don't bother wasting the space they could use to display other models.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Because they are small? LMAO. Let's face it. Whether u have an 8" wrist like me or not people love to wear big watches
    These days.....
    oris 49mm der meistertaucher

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The msrp on the riseman is a riduculous $250. No stores carry them becasue they would not sell for that price. There is one small store in the seattle's northgate mall that carries riseman for msrp price, they also have seiko black monster for $400.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Riseman is bigger than the Mudman and they are in all the Macy's here

JwY

I also think it's popularity/pricing as mentioned. Most manufacturers sell far fewer higher end models because they are more expensive. Makes sense to stock less of those models. I don't know about you guys, but a lot of times when I'm looking for the higher/flagship products, it is a pain to locate in stores just because pricing puts them into a more niche market.
    My Tissot Seastar 1000 (2011 Edition) Review:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/tis...on-560425.html

I think one more consideration is the basic GW9200 is 3 years old, and retailers are all about what's hot now. I remember I stepped into Macy's in downtown San Francisco about a year and a half ago and while checking out their G selection they had a Casio rep behind the booth. I chatted a bit with him and he noticed my Riseman, and he said something like "Oh that's old, we don't have any of those anymore..."

since I started buying Gshocks, there has never been a new release of the riseman. Macys normally don't keep Gshock for a long period, like, estimated 2 years ? another thing is, back then, Gshocks weren't as hot as they are now (I notice my local Macys just expanded 2 more displays for Gshocks and a better place, where it used to be only 2 hidden in a middle of nowhere between timepieces and fashion-watches)
    back then, some small Macys don't even carry Gshock

some small stores in the mall carry the riseman, as well as the atomic gulfman, but they only have a few and the price is much higher

i am sure the riseman will be at Macys and other stores when ever they get released again in the future

Quote Originally Posted by crod View Post
    Because they are small? LMAO. Let's face it. Whether u have an 8" wrist like me or not people love to wear big watches
    These days.....
    But smaller ones like 5600s are readily available...

I have a Riseman on order. I've never seen one in person but decided to get one based on what I've read here--including reports it's not as big as it looks. My preference lies with the non-enormous models.

Quote Originally Posted by JonL View Post
    "Oh that's old, we don't have any of those anymore..."
    Good thing he doesn't work for Omega. "Oh, the Moon watch... . Pffffft!" :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information