Why does my watch sync at 3 am and not at midnight like described in the manual?
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Why does my watch sync at 3 am and not at midnight like described in the manual?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Why does my watch sync at 3 am and not at midnight like described in the manual?

Just trying to figure out why this watch is so weird. It syncs at 3 am every single night, not 2 not 1 and not at midnight, but 3. Every. Single. Night. It's a AWGM100-1A. My vacation is almost over and at 3 am I'm in the car going for work, but I stupidly assumed that this watch would sync automatically at midnight. It does not.

Re: Why does my watch sync at 3 am and not at midnight like described in the manual?

The watch could at each hour til I think 5 am, possibly the signal could be stronger ate 3 am, for example, mine used to sinc ate 2 am! I think it probably, could be with the "force" of the signal could be stronger and clear at that specific hour!

Re: Why does my watch sync at 3 am and not at midnight like described in the manual?

Did it perhaps attempt to sync, and you missed it ?

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Funny thing that this thread was created because my Rangeman GW9400 did the same exact thing yesterday here in Southern Greece. It synched at 4:34AM "after" I successfully manually synched it at 12.30am. I have 2 other G-Shocks that this same exact thing happened to last night, a GW9000 Mudman and a GW9010 Mudman. I brought along 2 other G-Shocks together with me to wear in rotation with my Rangeman. It's 1:07am on Tuesday, August 15th over here right now in Greece and my Rangeman did NOT synch at 12am midnight. When I tried to manually synch it a few minutes after midnight and also just a few minutes ago, it wouldn't synch. It didn't even have a Level 1 signal. It gave me an error message. I'm not sure, but I think that maybe the atomic signal here for southern Greece "starts" after 4am in the morning. I don't know what else I can attribute this weird synching time to. When I'm in the USA, the watch synchs without any problem both automatically and manually starting at 12am and goes all the way up to 5am trying to synch. It's very weird that here in Greece it doesn't start synching at 12am, but only after 4am. Just to let you know, I correctly set the home time as ATHENS right away on all 3 watches after I landed in Athens, so the home time is correct on all 3 watches. I wonder what could be causing this to happen? Is the atomic clock in Manheim, Germany or Althorn, England down up until around 4am every day.
    Last edited by hoss; August 15th, 2017 at 00:11.

All I know is that my watches auto sync at 0202 in the UK.

Does it really matter though? Surely you're not up waiting for them to sync??

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    soulbridgemedia likes this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

I'm awake and up late because I can't sleep. I'm surfing the watch forum reading the posts.

Best signal. It may attempt but doesn't connect. Mine can vary from day to day depending on weather conditions. If it's a heavy rain and thick clouds and or lightning, fogetaboutit~

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

Because your watch is an insomniac. And it likes to stay up as late as possible before going to sync.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

It happens when it times out during the 12/1/2am attempts... the signal travels further the later it gets up until about 6am EST. Saturday night into Sunday must have been REALLY clear because all 13 of my Multiband 6 watches syned. It was so satisfying looking at all of them with the RCVD mark. Lol.

Fergfour likes this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information