Why the GX-56-1BDR is so BIG????
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why the GX-56-1BDR is so BIG????

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Why the GX-56-1BDR is so BIG????

Couldn't casio produce a smaller version? I like this model a lot but my wrist isn't that big! Merd!

Re: Why the GX-56-1BDR is so BIG????

It's actually not that much bigger than any of the current Gs. Size difference is mostly in a fact that it's sqare rather than round.

Since buttons are mud protected they needed to get bigger so they're still easy to press when they did this they also decided to protect buttons from accidental pressing. That resulted in more added plastic around buttons creating a wierd effect that look like butterfly wings and added more to visual impression of size.

Bottom line? I wears bigger than any current G but only slightly so and this is mostly due to it beeing sqare rather than round.

Still visual impression is undeniable, it trully wears much bigger than current G. That beeing said if you give it a chance you'll discover that it really doesn't wear much bigger than 6900. Bigger yes, but not by much.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

I am still waiting for the opportunity to try one.

IMHO, the thickness of the case, has to do with, as what duke4c said. However, I would like to add that the introduction of alpha-gel will inadvertently increase the thickness of the G.

Also, Casio did mention about 2-layer resin construction. This definitely adds to the bulkiness of the watch. I believe that this 2-layer construction is dissimilar to the current mudman though. For the mudman, Casio utilises two different resin compound (e.g. hard and soft), however, these resins are injected at the same time and the soft resin is only located on the button covers.

Cheers,
    MountainMike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The obscene size is half the fun!

Too right, the bigger the better.

the force is strong in that watch!

Most watches are under 40m in size. so why are there complaints when they make them bigger for the folks that like them large.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    That beeing said if you give it a chance you'll discover that it really doesn't wear much bigger than 6900. Bigger yes, but not by much.
    But I wear DW-5600E and it's much bigger than that. I like the oblong G's, less the round ones. And I have small wrist.

DW-5600E: 46.7 x 43.2 x 12.7mm / 50.5g

GX-56-1BDR: 55.5 53.6 17.5 mm / 88 g

Have you actually tried putting it on? ... I was initially skeptical bout big watches .. after actually trying them on .. it's really not bad on a 6.5 inch wrist ..

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    Most watches are under 40m in size. so why are there complaints when they make them bigger for the folks that like them large.
    Because unlike other big Gs this one is SERIOUSLY testing out limits before "big" becomes "ridiculusly big".

On my 7" wrist it's right at the edge between the two...

Based on this alone I can see how it will be labeled "too big" by some and "fine" by others...

For the most part most folks will be fine with size but they have to give it a chance and wear it for a week or so.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information