Why I got a G-Shock (First Post)

Thread: Why I got a G-Shock (First Post)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile Why I got a G-Shock (First Post)

Hi,

I have always taken great pride in my vintage watches and wear them as often as I can. But an accident this weekend got me to buy my first G-shock.

I was wearing a 1964 Rado Green Horse Daymaster with a Felsa movement(a model of which only 500 were made) while moving boxes down from the attic. All of the sudden a box came down on me and my reflexes kicked in and I raised my hand to protect myself. My watch suffered severe damage, so much so that it is irreparable.

I learned a hard lesson, fine vintage Swiss watches are not a good idea for strenuous activities. I needed a G-shock.

So i went to the Casio website and bought me a AWG100-1A which I will be receiving in 2 days. Its solar (i don't like having to replace batteries since all my watches are automatic or wind watches) and its analog which is a must for me. What do you think? I'll take wrist shots when I receive it in 2 days from Casio.

Last edited by American Eagle; September 29th, 2008 at 18:42.

Banned

Re: Why I got a G-Shock (First Post)

Welcome aboard and congrats on your first(of many ) G's .

Welcome to the forum.

That's a nice G-Shock you picked out. There's all different types, so I recommend you try more out to find what you like on the wrist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

That's a nice G-Shock you picked out. There's all different types, so I recommend you try more out to find what you like on the wrist.
    I was going to buy myself an MT-G or a Giez for around $400USD but I didn't want to eat into my Omega Speedmaster Fund (am almost there ) so the AWG100-1A seemed like a good alternative for $130 USD.

Its not expensive and its solar powered and analog, the two things I wasn't willing to compromise on. Maybe once I get my Speedmaster I'll look to add a few more G-shocks, after all, after my hard learned lesson with my vintage Rado, am going to be using G-shocks from now on for any strenous activities like working around the house and playing sports. I'll think I'll leave my Swiss watches for work and for more "normal" activities.

I'll take lots of pictures when the watch is delivered two days from now. I can't wait!!!

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Welcome to the forum!

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Welcome!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

welcome to the forum.

do u know it is also an atomic 5? i hope u know wat that is.
    its a great feature u and previous posters did not mention.

congratulations !!!!
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Just for fun I'll take a few pics of my G-shock with one of my old pocket watches. I have a 1922 Hamilton Railroad Watch that ought to be perfect. The contrast between old world technology and 21st century technology should be fun and interesting.

You'll just have to hang on till wednesday or thursday when I get the G-shock watch in the mail
    Last edited by American Eagle; September 29th, 2008 at 20:32.

That's a great atomic analog you picked. You're going to love the orange LED light at the 6 o'clock position for illumination.

Great start for a G shock first timer You managed to pick quite a suitable model for your needs. And Welcome.

You dare to wear your collectors autos for your rough and tumble activities. I have already been encouraged in the other mechanical forums to refrain from wearing my diver auto while jogging. Apparently the sports on the face of the watch does not mean it is suitable for sports, it means something like sports jacket wear

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information