Why the lack of interest on GB-5600B/6900B/X6900B Bluetooth series? - Page 5
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: Why the lack of interest on GB-5600B/6900B/X6900B Bluetooth series?

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 257
  1. #41
    Member yankeexpress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    35,081

    Re: Why the lack of interest on GB-5600B/6900B/X6900B Bluetooth series?

    Quote Originally Posted by STEVIE View Post
    Yeah very funny, but there are older guys like me who have lost most of their hearing, either from military or other reasons and have a very limited choice of G-Shock watches because they simply can't hear the beeping on the watch. I am about to pull the trigger on a GB5600B 1JF. This model had Vibra alarm and is Bluetoothed. I own an iPhone 5s which I out of curiosity I will attempt linking. I will see how it goes. If I'm not happy with it for whatever reason, I will turn it off. The main reasons for liking this model are:


    • Vibra alarm
    • Square shape and not massive
    • Easy to read - (not full of dials, readouts and eye candy)
    • long battery life
    • No solar power
    • No atomic signal? (Don't receive it here anyway)
    • It's a g Shock, so it's reliable and tough


    I'll let you know as usual...
    Regards
    Stevie
    After upgrading my iPhone 5S to the latest iOS 9.0.2, I connected via bluetooth with no problem. Works great.

    Last edited by yankeexpress; October 18th, 2015 at 08:36.
    domoon and STEVIE like this.

  2. #42
    Member Watch_Geekmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,377

    Re: Why the lack of interest on GB-5600B/6900B/X6900B Bluetooth series?

    Quote Originally Posted by STEVIE View Post
    Yeah very funny, but there are older guys like me who have lost most of their hearing, either from military or other reasons and have a very limited choice of G-Shock watches because they simply can't hear the beeping on the watch. I am about to pull the trigger on a GB5600B 1JF. This model had Vibra alarm and is Bluetoothed. I own an iPhone 5s which I out of curiosity I will attempt linking. I will see how it goes. If I'm not happy with it for whatever reason, I will turn it off. The main reasons for liking this model are:


    • Vibra alarm
    • Square shape and not massive
    • Easy to read - (not full of dials, readouts and eye candy)
    • long battery life
    • No solar power
    • No atomic signal? (Don't receive it here anyway)
    • It's a g Shock, so it's reliable and tough


    I'll let you know as usual...
    Regards
    Stevie
    Forgot to update this thread few months ago when I got the GB5600B, though I did posted on WRUW at the time. So here again.

    Name:  Square_One.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  317.5 KB

    The Bluetooth functions are minimal, but you can always turn it off and it's just a good old G-shock. When connected, I primarily use notification to my cellphone's calendar for reminding me of meetings and appointments. Kind of an extension to the 5 alarms in the watch. Here are few more benefits besides what you already pointed out:

    • "Poor" man's GW5000 lookalike.
    • Bright LED back light. The only square at this point to use that.
    • Tons of functions! Even with Bluetooth turned off, you got 1000h stopwatch, 100h timer, UTC with 15min increment, 100 cities world time, vibe alarm, etc. Easily the most feature rich square to this day.
    • Big and clear digits! One of most legible squares, even bigger digits than GWM5610.
    • Higher quality resin and comes with metal keeper. Probably not to the quality of the GW5000, but pretty nice compare to lower G's.


    Seriously, just as asked by the topic title, why the lack of interest? What is not to like for the watch? Nothing, really. Probably it's not pure enough for the "Square Purists" because of all the modernized functions. That's the only thing I can think of.
    STEVIE, kmbijit, limatime and 2 others like this.

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    365

    Re: Why the lack of interest on GB-5600B/6900B/X6900B Bluetooth series?

    I couldn't agree more with Stevie and watchgeek, these are great watches.


    Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rcaddict; October 18th, 2015 at 10:15.
    Kev55 and STEVIE like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #44
    Member STEVIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Why the lack of interest on GB-5600B/6900B/X6900B Bluetooth series?

    This one arrived a few days ago from SeiyaJapan.com (highly recommended BTW)

    Model - GB 5600B 1JF V.4 Bluetooth:

    Name:  IMG_0153.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  450.3 KB

    Vibra notification is better that my GD350. My iPhone 5s links up to this model without any problems. I only use the link when I go out in the car and in noisy areas. Very comfortable to wear in hot weather like we are getting right now! (30C). The illumination is improved over the early squares. Only slight problem is my big fingers finding the lume button in the dark. LOL I guess I'll get used to it as I have only just got it.


  6. #45
    Member fwupow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    377

    Re: Why the lack of interest on GB-5600B/6900B/X6900B Bluetooth series?

    I don't have a smartphone to link one up with. The second reason why I haven't chased one of these down is because I feel like I would be committing myself to wear this watch everyday and I already have a large collection of battery, solar & Solar/Atomic G-Shocks that I like to wear in rotation.

    I'm thinking seriously about selling all my G-Shocks though since I can't wear my big ones to work. They all just sittin' & gettin' old. They age and rot even while sitting in a box in storage. That's the unpleasant truth about urethane resin.
    Rocat and Watch_Geekmaster like this.
    I almost never wear any watch other than a G-Shock. My collection is listed here-->http://watchshock.com/collection/1471/

    Other watches: Invicta Sub-Aqua Venom 5733 & Coalition Forces 0225, Suunto Vector, Traser Mil-G Type 6 P6600 Celebration Edition, Luminox 3059.SAR and a few cheap Timex & Armitron

  7. #46
    Member STEVIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Why the lack of interest on GB-5600B/6900B/X6900B Bluetooth series?

    Quote Originally Posted by f[I
    wupow;21953474]I don't have a smartphone to link one up with. The second reason why I haven't chased one of these down is because*I feel like I would be committing myself to wear this watch everyday and I already have a large collection of battery, solar & Solar/Atomic G-Shocks that I like to wear in rotation.

    I'm thinking seriously about selling all my G-Shocks though since I can't wear my big ones to work. They all just sittin' & gettin' old. They age and rot even while sitting in a box in storage. That's the unpleasant truth about urethane resin.[/I]

    I don't think you need to wear the GB5600B all day everyday. I only use the link with my phone when I actually think I will be in an area where I won't hear my phone in my pocket; e.g. in the street or shopping malls in town. Most of the time I wear it the Bluetooth will be switched off at my home (I'm retired). I do not have a large watch collection now, but I like to rotate watches each month. The GB5600B is not solar and has a CR2035 battery which is easy to replace. I used to have two solar powered watches, but I flipped them as I didn't want to be constantly placing them in areas where they need light. I now own three basic quartz and two Japanese made automatic divers which should outlast me! LOL.

    *I doubt if I would be obligated to wear the GB5600B all the time just because it has bluetooth. I also don't believe Casio manufacture the G-Shock massive range of watches to last for years. If you say that they 'rot' with time, that's a shame and they should think about making G's with material other than urethane resin, especially the commemorative issues. The hightec, colorful models they put out each year emphasise high turnover and not longevity. Some of the range are marketed for guys who like technical features, others like the traditional styles with lots of different dials with cases and straps of many styles and colours. Many of the younger generation like the new styles purely as the latest fashion icon.

    I don't know how many G's you have in your collection, but my advice, for what its worth, would be for you to sell off most of your collection and keep maybe three or four of your favourites for daily wear.
    Last edited by STEVIE; November 4th, 2015 at 15:03.


  8. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    70

    Re: Why the lack of interest on GB-5600B/6900B/X6900B Bluetooth series?

    Can I turn the bluetooth off on the watch so I can use the bluetooth radio in my car?

    Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

  9. #48
    Member STEVIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: Why the lack of interest on GB-5600B/6900B/X6900B Bluetooth series?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreymak View Post
    Can I turn the bluetooth off on the watch so I can use the bluetooth radio in my car?

    Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
    I've looked through the OpGuide for 3419, but it doesn't show any info about the bluetooth in the watch. Looks like it can only be done through the phone when its connected.


  10. #49
    Member AlxEllis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    81

    Re: Why the lack of interest on GB-5600B/6900B/X6900B Bluetooth series?

    I was very interested in one a few days ago till I found out you need the G-Shock app running in the background at all times for it to work.

    Sure the watch may have a 2 year battery, but with bluetooth on constantly AND the app running in the background my Galaxy S5 will need recharged every 8 hours, even with it's 2800mAh battery.
    watch_geek2014 likes this.
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Saville Row suit."

  11. #50
    Member Watch_Geekmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,377

    Re: Why the lack of interest on GB-5600B/6900B/X6900B Bluetooth series?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlxEllis View Post
    I was very interested in one a few days ago till I found out you need the G-Shock app running in the background at all times for it to work.

    Sure the watch may have a 2 year battery, but with bluetooth on constantly AND the app running in the background my Galaxy S5 will need recharged every 8 hours, even with it's 2800mAh battery.
    Yes, that's very true. Bluetooth runs down both the watch battery and the cellphone battery, because you need it to be powered on on both devices. That's why whenever Bluetooth is not needed, you should turn it off in both devices to conserve energy. As for the G-Shock App, in general it shouldn't take much power to be running in the background, as majority of the power is consumed by the Bluetooth radio itself. But to be sure, you can always disable the App process, and only run it when you need.

    The GB5600B uses a CR2032 battery, which is one of the largest coin batteries use in digital watches. Without Bluetooth, it can certainly last for 10 years or more.
    AlxEllis and STEVIE like this.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. GB-6900B vs GB-X6900B
      By rcaddict in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: April 25th, 2016, 22:59
    2. Replies: 9
      Last Post: November 18th, 2014, 19:15
    3. FS: Casio G-Shock 2nd Generation Bluetooth V4.0 GB-X6900B-1 Smart Watch
      By watchspecialists in forum Watches - Dealers and Manufacturers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: July 31st, 2014, 09:00
    4. Bluetooth GB-X6900B-2 compatibility with Android Phones
      By Buckykatt in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: September 23rd, 2013, 03:20
    5. G-5500B G-5600B G-6900B Non-Atomic Versions Announced
      By gobulls in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: July 18th, 2010, 21:22

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •