Why is the MR-G series so limited?

Thread: Why is the MR-G series so limited?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Why is the MR-G series so limited?

I really like the more "adult" look of the MR-G series. I mean, that 1100 Frogman is killer. What I wanna know is why Casio makes the MR-G series in such limited capacity... The most recent MR-G models have all been digi-analogs AFAIK. I'd love to see them bring back the MR-G Froggie, or at least another MR-G digital. Can any real Casio nerd fill me in on why they only made that model for one year? It seems like it would sell like crazy!

Re: Why is the MR-G series so limited?

It's really not that unusual for Casio to make a particular watch model for less than a year. There are dozens and dozens of examples. You could say it's how they do things, ever since they started making watches.
    If you really like the look of that watch place a 'Want to Buy' and pick one up. I've got the Revman (MRG-1200T) and it's a really solid watch, one of my favorites.
    Cheers, Greg

The MRG series is by far and away my favorite line of G's. They are, however, a bit pricey. But in most instances you get what you pay for and this is not an exception. The DLC coating on titanium is absolutely amazing. While I am by no means tough on my watches, Casio's Black Ion finish is a bit on the delicate side. I have 4 MRG's with the DLC finish (not all do) and not one of them shows ANY signs of wear.....none. Combine that with atomic solar capability and they are all but perfect. I also believe they are more suitable for different levels of dress. Some might disagree, but I don't believe a resin watch is suitable for professional dress. You can get away with wearing a MRG in that setting. My ideal MRG would be an atomic solar version with DLC coating on titanium minus some functions (if necessary) to slim it down a bit. Each generation MRG appears to be bit slimmer, I would like Casio to launch one line slimmed down even more, not unlike what they did with the GW--056A.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sibe View Post

That is amazing. I can't imagine what that guy did to it. Mine look new.

used during skateboarding or heavy manual work Don't know, never seen this before, too...

Sibe

Quote Originally Posted by Sibe View Post
    Wow, not only amazed at how much punishment this watch has had to have taken but that the guy survived it (who knows he could have lost a hand while the watch was getting that much brutality) but that the crystal seems to have been unscathed. Sapphire is more resilient than DLC it would seem. I heard it was more likely to shatter than scratch, it's a wonder that it wasn't broken with some of the blows it would have taken to scratch up the rest of the watch so.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Check this out.

DLC scratch test by Alan..bottom part of the thread.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=165839
    best regards,

Kirk M.

GWF-1000-1JF
    GDF-100
    GW-9110-1JF
    GW-9400BJ-1JF
    GD-350-1JF
    G-700D
    DW-9052
    DW-9500
    DW-5900
    DW-7400

I'll bet that is the result of a motor bike accident. :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by craig0ry View Post
    I really like the more "adult" look of the MR-G series. I mean, that 1100 Frogman is killer. What I wanna know is why Casio makes the MR-G series in such limited capacity... The most recent MR-G models have all been digi-analogs AFAIK. I'd love to see them bring back the MR-G Froggie, or at least another MR-G digital. Can any real Casio nerd fill me in on why they only made that model for one year? It seems like it would sell like crazy!
    Dear Craig,

Casio Mr. (Mister G), is limited due to it is limited release by Casio Japan which only sold to their domestic market only. As the release quantity is sometimes limted to say about 200 units, of course it has been grabbed by their collectors within minutes! The same thing happen to the Civic Mugen RR cars, which is released by Honda Japan, and limited to 300 units. According the local news, 300 units has been sold out in 10 minutes!

have a nice day!

ys
    Last edited by yschow; February 23rd, 2009 at 07:49.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information