Why Mudman?

Thread: Why Mudman?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why Mudman?

hi guys,

I am new here, so, sorry about my stupid questions but can you tell me, what are the real differences between for example Mudman series and the normal G-shocks models?

If I compare it, almost every g-shock is water resistant (200m), shock resistant, well protected by tough shell etc.. so, why mudman, riseman, gulfman, frogman, g-lide.....??

thanx for answers ;)

btw: I purchased my first g-shock about 12 years ago... at the moment, I have G 7700 1ER, G056B-1V, GW5600BCJ-1V, G100-1BW, G-353B-1AV and brand new (bought 2 days ago) GW9010-1

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Why Mudman?

the mudman is probably the most bullet proof watch ever made, it reaches even within the g-shock family an outstanding "indistructable" status. this is achived with the integral structure of the 5 buttons. there is no way that dirt, sand, grease or mud can become between the pushers and the case because the pushers ARE the case. I would - without any doubt - call the mudman the toughest of all G's. unfortunately, because of its structure, the pusher are rather hard to press. while this doesn't bother some people, it bothers others (like me). but other than that its probably the best choice for g-shock with one of the very best modules (the non-atomic version).

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

the question here is ' why NOT the mudman? '
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    the mudman is probably the most bullet proof watch ever made, it reaches even within the g-shock family an outstanding "indistructable" status. this is achived with the integral structure of the 5 buttons. there is no way that dirt, sand, grease or mud can become between the pushers and the case because the pushers ARE the case. I would - without any doubt - call the mudman the toughest of all G's. unfortunately, because of its structure, the pusher are rather hard to press. while this doesn't bother some people, it bothers others (like me). but other than that its probably the best choice for g-shock with one of the very best modules (the non-atomic version).

regards, holger
    thank you very much for answer it was exactly what I was thinking

btw guys, can anyone explain to me the function rally mode?? I do motorcycle racing, so I really use the laptimer on my g-shock 7700.. would like to use all functions on my mudman aswell, but can´t really figure out, how can be function on my mudman helpful even for the car race (rallye).. Couple times per year I am participating on some historic car rallyes in our country as well.. so that´s the reason, why I want to understand it..

I have read the manual, I have watched the perfect video made by DougFNJ, but still can not find the real use for this function..

thanx for help....
    Last edited by Qbi-C; December 22nd, 2008 at 22:06.

Quote Originally Posted by mansrow View Post
    the question here is ' why not the mudman? '

Quote Originally Posted by Qbi-C View Post
    hi guys,

If I compare it, almost every g-shock is water resistant (200m), shock resistant, well protected by tough shell etc.. so, why mudman, riseman, gulfman, frogman, g-lide.....??
    Mudman is named so because of it's mud-resist structure.

Gulfman has titanium construction for all the metal parts, and it comes with Tide graph & moon phase (useful for fisherman, hence, the term gulf).

Frogman is ISO-certified diver's watch, comes with full titanium construction (except the first generation DW-6300 Frog, which has stainless steel construction).

Riseman has built-in altimeter, barometer & thermometer. Rise = alttitude measuring capability, hence the name.

G-lide is designed for surfing, snowboarding activities. The term G-LIDE meant the watch can move smoothly through the elements, e.g. snow, water...

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    MountainMike

Indestructable!

And they looks awesome.

Banned

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information