Why not Casio?

Thread: Why not Casio?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Why not Casio?

I don't understand why this thread is called Casio G-shock and not simply Casio.

Or is this a consious choice to keep out discussions about Pro-trek, e-data, Edifice and Phys?

Re: Why not Casio?

It might be more accurate if the forum was called Casio and G-Shock, but there's no intention to exclude any of the model lines. It needs to say G-Shock because G-Shock has a cultish international following and the other lines don't.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

If your post was correct, that would mean you wouldn't see any discussion about the Pro-Trek/Pathfinder/etc models. This isn't the case if you've read the forum at all.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I supposed, strictly speaking, the Pro Trek chat should be in the ABC forum, but it's always seemed more at home here.

I have seen many non G-shock Casio's discussed on here with equal enthusiam, but I think its just as tribe125 stated, more to do with the somewhat cult following of the G, I personally would not be concerned bringing any Casio model to this subforum for discussion, due to the shear hospitality of all who frequent here.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    I have seen many non G-shock Casio's discussed on here with equal enthusiam, but I think its just as tribe125 stated, more to do with the somewhat cult following of the G, I personally would not be concerned bringing any Casio model to this subforum for discussion, due to the shear hospitality of all who frequent here.

Well said. :)

There's a lot of Protrek chat in the ABC as well, as much or possibly not at all as in here.

I've never seen a post about another watch in here hounded out at all.

Suspended

Don't let the forum titles deter you. There is even discussion of Seiko and Citizens here. You will find there is a lot of "cross pollination" between related forums at WUS.

Yeah, feel free to show, discuss and ask about all the different Casio lines beside G-Shocks. We see i-Range, Oceanus and Edifice introductions and discussions here frequently.
    This forum is much more a home to Casiofiles as the G-Shock title would suspect.
    Welcome!
    Jurphaas
    G-Shock, when time counts....

Thank you all for your responses. I found it strange that G-shock was added, since I believe Casio on itself is well known enough and includes the other lines. This way it is more clear that other models can be discussed here as well.

Now I understand why the G-shock is added. No problem, it was just an observation of something I found to be a bit strange. Thx for explaining.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information