Why the Pathfinder PAW-1300 on strap is better than any G-Shock I have owned

Thread: Why the Pathfinder PAW-1300 on strap is better than any G-Shock I have owned

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why the Pathfinder PAW-1300 on strap is better than any G-Shock I have owned

I thought it would be useful to follow-up my video review with some comparison data on why the Pathfinder PAW-1300 on strap is better than any G-Shock I have owned:

-- gigantic display always easy to read
    -- compass, altimeter, barometer
    -- alti and baro are highly-configurable
    -- can record altimeter changes over time, cool
    -- rubber strap far surpasses the average G-Strap. The notch at end of strap prevents strap from slipping out of keeper. It stays put
    -- though it has pie-plate looks, it is lightweight and thin-cased
    -- it has a “virtual” seconds hand that ticks around the perimeter
    -- it has the holy grail of 24-hr countdown timer and 24-hr stopwatch and current time is visible in these modes. CDT and stopwatch displays are huge
    -- it has taken the same abuse I dish out to my 200m G-Shocks w/o incident. I have recently been pushing buttons underwater as well, no probs

video review:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwPrHYsyPRA
    Go Dortmund!

Re: Why the Pathfinder PAW-1300 on strap is better than any G-Shock I have owned

Quick question....does the regular time show on-screen when you are in world-time mode? (please say no, as I REALLY don't need another watch)
    "Strength equals health; one cannot be healthy without being strong."-Eugene Sandow

Re: Why the Pathfinder PAW-1300 on strap is better than any G-Shock I have owned

Quote Originally Posted by tallguy View Post
    Quick question....does the regular time show on-screen when you are in world-time mode? (please say no, as I REALLY don't need another watch)
    Get your wallet out!

Mitch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DON'T PUSH THOSE BUTTONS UNDERWATER FREEDIVER. You know that's a big no no!

Was that you who did that video review? That was better than any watch commercial I've ever seen!

yeah that's my quick-hit review!
    Go Dortmund!

Quote Originally Posted by tallguy View Post
    yes, regular time displays in world time, stopwatch, timer, and alarm modes. sweet
    Go Dortmund!

The sequence where you get the kid (your daughter) to start typing at the computer was AWESOME. I loved it. Well done. Seriously, that'd be a great Casio commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by petew View Post
    The sequence where you get the kid (your daughter) to start typing at the computer was AWESOME. I loved it. Well done. Seriously, that'd be a great Casio commercial.
    thx, we got it in three takes

as you and others know, I do time my kids on the computer. they have their own Gs and they always say: "I'm timing myself, you don't have to" but they never pay attention to the alarm!
    Go Dortmund!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    Get your wallet out!

Mitch

That's why I hate this forum
    "Strength equals health; one cannot be healthy without being strong."-Eugene Sandow

How about a link to the video??
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information