Why should I buy a Riseman?

Thread: Why should I buy a Riseman?

Why should I buy a Riseman?

I love the watch but I am trying to justify the watch since I tend to G-Shocks/Pathfinders with moon phase and tide graphs. Why? Because I live on the water and am a fisherman. Man I wish the Riseman had a Tide graph and moon phase. So I need y'all to convince me to buy one. I got a good deal at my local G-Shock retailer for $150 out the door.
    Oh, BTW how can I tell the difference between an authentic GW-9200 and a fake? The dealer said he had a fake Riseman. I couldn't tell the difference.

Re: Why should I buy a Riseman?

I love the Riseman and think it is one of the best values in a G Shock If you allready have a tide graph you know before you go what the tide is going to be.

As far as fakes I have noticed that the digits dont usually seam to line up well on fakes, us the search function here to check out some photos in detail first.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by Faith and Grace View Post
    I love the watch but I am trying to justify the watch since I tend to G-Shocks/Pathfinders with moon phase and tide graphs. Why? Because I live on the water and am a fisherman. Man I wish the Riseman had a Tide graph and moon phase. So I need y'all to convince me to buy one. I got a good deal at my local G-Shock retailer for $150 out the door.
    Oh, BTW how can I tell the difference between an authentic GW-9200 and a fake? The dealer said he had a fake Riseman. I couldn't tell the difference.
    I know how you feel; I tried to justify a Gulfman because I live in the hills, far from any body of water. But it didn't take me long to pull the trigger on one.

The Riseman's intended area of expertise involves high altitudes, so a tidegraph and moon phase indicator would already encroach on the Gulfman's functions. If you don't have a Gulfman yet, you can throw it in as well for the features you mentioned, plus its titanium parts make it more suitable for marine use. But the Riseman's barometer would also help you predict the weather when you're out in the open water.

If you really like the Riseman, go for it by all means. I'm mighty satisfied with mine, mainly because of the gadgetry and engineering that went into it. Buying G-Shocks doesn't have to make sense because if it did, all of us would end up with just one.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 30th, 2009 at 05:45.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The fakes that we've seen here so far didn't have actual sensor functionality. The eye on the home screen showed a "G" graphic instead of the barometer graph. If you press MODE on a genuine Riseman, you should enter BARO mode with display of temperature and barometric pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I know how you feel; I tried to justify a Gulfman because I live in the hills, far from any body of water. But it didn't take me long to pull the trigger on one.

The Riseman's intended area of expertise involves high altitudes, so a tidegraph and moon phase indicator would already encroach on the Gulfman's functions. If you don't have a Gulfman yet, you can throw it in as well for the features you mentioned, plus its titanium parts make it more suitable for marine use. But the Riseman's barometer would also help you predict the weather when you're out in the open water.

If you really like the Riseman, go for it by all means. I'm mighty satisfied with mine, mainly because of the gadgetry and engineering that went into it. Buying G-Shocks doesn't have to make sense because if it did, all of us would end up with just one.
    I do have a blue Gulfman. I love it except for the fact it is uncomfortable.

I do have a blue Gulfman. I love it except for the fact it is uncomfortable.
    Then you'll love the Riseman's comfortable band. My Gulfman also rarely sees my wrist for just that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MRG-1000 View Post
    Then you'll love the Riseman's comfortable band. My Gulfman also rarely sees my wrist for just that reason.
    Its hard to belive that some dont like the strap on the Gulfy its slo light you dont need to keep the strap snug Anyway there are lots of folks that have the same problem. I read where Topher said you could put a Riseman strap on the Gulfy with just a little adjustment. I was thinking about doing it but I dont have any problems with my fit and never bought the strap.

The Riseman has I think one of the most comfortable straps and it has the strap keeper ramp on the end of the strap to keep it from getting loose

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    Its hard to belive that some dont like the strap on the Gulfy its slo light you dont need to keep the strap snug Anyway there are lots of folks that have the same problem.
    They seem to take issue with the resin "teeth" along the inside of the strap. My DW-9051 has a similar band, so I've already gotten used to it even before I got the Gulfman.

Plus I wear my watches quite snugly on the wrist with no discomfort (I used to wear them a little loose, but I got tired of the way they kept jiggling around and sliding up my arm).
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Buying G-Shocks doesn't have to make sense because if it did, all of us would end up with just one.
    Very true, and well said!

I cringe at the thought of only owning just one...

Cheers...

I love the watch but I am trying to justify the watch
    Just buy it....you'll love it, I certainly love mine....

Thread Information