Why is your beater watch your beater watch

View Poll Results: Why is your beater watch your beater watch?

Voters
111. This poll is closed
  • It's my favorite

29 26.13%
  • It's my least favorite

3 2.70%
  • It's my newest

1 0.90%
  • It fits the job best

44 39.64%
  • It's my cheapest

20 18.02%
  • It's my only one

1 0.90%
  • I don't have one

13 11.71%

Thread: Why is your beater watch your beater watch

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Why is your beater watch your beater watch

I was just thinking today about my own reasons for making my beater watch my beater watch and wondering if I was normal or if people did it for other reasons. I have come up with 6 so far but if you can think of another one let me know.

ps make that seven
    Last edited by handieeeeee; June 10th, 2008 at 07:54.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Casios:
    BG-182V-1V#DB-34H (needs forward button)#3 DW-003-9V 1597#DW-003-4V 1597#DW-004 Xtreme 1826#DW-5600E 1545#DW-6630B-9 1199#2 DW-6900 1289#DW 6900 1557#DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)#5 F-91W (4 need batts)#G-2300 2184 (won't turn on)#G-2500 2266 (looking for a new module)#TRW-100 (Needs new seal...leaks)#W-93H (Crystal and screws)Fossils:FS-3042Relics:ZR-11431 (bat)Mathey Tissots:MT-MGSRB-4081 (bat & crystal)

Re: Why is your beater watch your beater watch

I do not have A beater watch. I have several that I am more likely to wear for 'work', and several that I am more likely to wear for 'looks'. None of them are beaters though.
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

i like to cook. so my mud has been my beater. i washed dishes, meats, veges and other items, so a 200m water resistant is useful.

then i have to slice, chop, dice, and other stuff. so, a shock resist beater is always nice to have.

also the heat resistance is another plus around the oven and stoves.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My ten y/o G-Lide has taken so much abuse, thats why its my beater.
    NFW AutoPilot, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr II 44 mm Automatic., Seiko "BFS" SNKF09. Seiko "Spork" SRP043K. Seiko SRP639KI & lots of G-Shocks.

For years my beater was a Citizen Eco-Drive perpetual calender watch as it was my only watch, then last year I discovered an interest in watches through e-bay. Since then I have been working my way through old mechanicals and a couple of quartz's until I discovered this forum and G-Shocks. Now I have 24+ watches predominately G's which I am sure is going to grow. So now I don't have a beater as I buy watches to wear and use. I used to think that it was bad enough working out what I was going to wear in clothing now I have to decide what watch I'm going to wear. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ausroamer View Post
    For years my beater was a Citizen Eco-Drive perpetual calender watch as it was my only watch, then last year I discovered an interest in watches through e-bay. Since then I have been working my way through old mechanicals and a couple of quartz's until I discovered this forum and G-Shocks. Now I have 24+ watches predominately G's which I am sure is going to grow. So now I don't have a beater as I buy watches to wear and use. I used to think that it was bad enough working out what I was going to wear in clothing now I have to decide what watch I'm going to wear. LOL
    thats the life just worrying about whick g goes with you outfit

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

I don't have one specific beater watch. I just chose one everyday and wear it. It just depends on what I feel like wearing that day.

i voted my favorite watch! for me, i put on a watch and wear it a full day or two...(beating or not) doing anything from outdoor activities..desk job..army drill..working at the garage..bathing and even sleeping..sometimes i do not change watch for a week...so my 'beater'(by definition) is obviously my favorite (happens to be a PRG80 now). Im not into Limited Editions..but IMHO limited edition is a precious collectable and definately not a favorite. A favorite (beater) IMO, has to be really 'at home' on ur wrist...comfort, functionality and what not.

I don't really have one I would call a beater as I use most of my watches all the time, these days I don't do much that requires something to take any extra abuse..... .... I do have a few that I would only use for special occasions though and they do get some extra care ....
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

My 'beater' is a G2300 which happens to be my cheapest, but I like it and it has often useful functions on it. It's also quite stealthy looking and seems to take bumps with ease, so I wear it in tougher situations where my LE models might show more wear.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information