• 1 Post By Flex1493
  • 2 Post By Mike K
  • 1 Post By gaopa
  • 2 Post By starscream
  • 1 Post By conquistador

Thread: Wich to buy? Advise needed.....

Wich to buy? Advise needed.....

Hi to all,
    i don't know much about G-shock's, tough i own(ed) a few, my "head's on" was allway's about mechanic watches.... I want to purchase an other one but don't know what to choose... I know about mechanic watches but again, allmost nothing about them G's.... So pls help! I put my list in a poll....
    Kind regards,
    I-B
    "Unum Non Satis"

Re: Wich to buy? Advise needed.....

What are you seeking in a watch? Solar charging? Atomic time sync? World-time?

What size of watch do you want? The M100B is rather small, compared to the GA-100/110.
    Inca Bloc likes this.

What's your budget ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Inca Bloc likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Almost obligatory link to great "how to choose a G-Shock" and overview of available features: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/sta...ck-850524.html

The only thing those 5 watches seem to have in common are "they're a G-Shock" and "they were apparently found on Casio's European website, since the model numbers all end in "1ER." Beyond that, there's a lot of variety: analogs, all-digital, solar, non-solar, atomic, regular.
    soulbridgemedia and Inca Bloc like this.

For me, I want my G Shock watches to be both atomic and solar. Cheers, Bill P.
    Inca Bloc likes this.

i picked the panda 8900, nice big digits, great backlight and all the features I need. not a huge fan of the GA series as such. plus the 8900 is black and white and would match everything.

7900 would be my 2nd choice, but blue won't match everything.. the wings annoy some people, the 4 fake screws annoys some more people. lol so keep those things in mind.
    Last edited by starscream; March 17th, 2014 at 05:25.
    Inca Bloc and G-fob like this.

I picked the 7900NV because I reckon the navy blue is not that difficult to match with clothing at all. Plus, I like the GW-7900's module and the overall looks of the watch. The wings help with preventing flopping of tall watches but makes the watch sit a little higher too. I have thoughts of picking up this one too shortly after just buying my GW-7900B and the GW-7900RD which is still at the post office as I type this. Oh, and of course the reason for this choice was because it fits relatively well on my small wrist.
    Inca Bloc likes this.
    Rolex ​Deepsea D-Blue 116660 | Explorer II 216570 Tudor Pelagos (1st Gen) Seiko SBDB011 | SBDX001 | SBDX011 | SDGZ013 | SBDC001 | SPB029 | SRP775 | SRP787 | SRP653 | SRP639 | SRP637 | SUN045 | SUN019 | SUN023 Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 | Ocean Black DLC Helson Shark Diver 40

Quote Originally Posted by computer_freak View Post
    What are you seeking in a watch? Solar charging? Atomic time sync? World-time?

What size of watch do you want? The M100B is rather small, compared to the GA-100/110.
    If i had a choice i would like solar and atomic timekeeping (or gps-timekeeping, if such a thing exist in a g-shock), but sadly i live in a country where only a few models are sold/imported, as you can see on the following link : Casio G-Shock Horloges | Casio Webshop
    So the watches listed are the nicest(IMHO) ones available here.....I prefer to buy at a physic store (my friend is a jeweler) rather than buying "online"....
    Kind regards,
    I-B
    Last edited by Inca Bloc; March 17th, 2014 at 10:19.
    "Unum Non Satis"

Quote Originally Posted by Flex1493 View Post
    What's your budget ?
    No need for me to count penny's, if that answers your question, i can buy what i want, when i want. The fact that i used a Rolex GMT2 for years and years as a beater (and i aint talking about "beating" it @ the office, but beating it in the rough life i live) should tell enough about my budget.....
    Last edited by Inca Bloc; March 17th, 2014 at 10:24.
    "Unum Non Satis"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Almost obligatory link to great "how to choose a G-Shock" and overview of available features: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/sta...ck-850524.html

The only thing those 5 watches seem to have in common are "they're a G-Shock" and "they were apparently found on Casio's European website, since the model numbers all end in "1ER." Beyond that, there's a lot of variety: analogs, all-digital, solar, non-solar, atomic, regular.
    wow, thank's i never seen such a vast choice of models! I have a G-7710, but i bought it in Poland @ a huge mall.....Here in Belgium, the options are limited....
    Last edited by Inca Bloc; March 17th, 2014 at 10:28.
    "Unum Non Satis"

Thread Information