Will Casio be releasing any further Japan only squares for their 35th anniversary?
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Will Casio be releasing any further Japan only squares for their 35th anniversary?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Will Casio be releasing any further Japan only squares for their 35th anniversary?

I like the GW-5035A-1JR but I wouldn't say I'm completely in love. I few years ago for their 30th anniversary they release a titanium screw back square with the reference GW-T5030C-1JR and they only made 200 worldwide with the individual number being displayed on the titanium case back as 018-200 or whatever it would have been.

I really hope they do something similar to this for the 35th anniversary. If anyone could give me some information I would really appreciate it!

Re: Will Casio be releasing any further Japan only squares for their 35th anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by PenetrationPapa View Post
    I like the GW-5035A-1JR but I wouldn't say I'm completely in love. I few years ago for their 30th anniversary they release a titanium screw back square with the reference GW-T5030C-1JR and they only made 200 worldwide with the individual number being displayed on the titanium case back as 018-200 or whatever it would have been.

I really hope they do something similar to this for the 35th anniversary. If anyone could give me some information I would really appreciate it!
    No kidding! Join the club!!

If you think we have some kind of insight here into what Casio will be releasing - you're wrong. The only people who know are Casio employees and possibly people in the watch biz with ties to Casio. And none of them are talking.

So feel free to join the rest of us - and wait.

Re: Will Casio be releasing any further Japan only squares for their 35th anniversary?

If a titanium case 5000 gets released I'll definitely buy one, even if I have to spend out on a useless manbag or whatever like the last one :p
    Would really like to see an updated module, positive display and funky jelly bezel/strap would be nice too ;)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was disappointed with the only square from the 35th anniversary. I waited months before buying my first G-Shock hoping something amazing would pop up. After these previews I got something else as my first (red/purple tide g-shock).

I'm still hoping for SOMETHING amazing this year regarding a square release but I will be purchasing a 2nd square by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by gojira54 View Post
    If a titanium case 5000 gets released I'll definitely buy one, even if I have to spend out on a useless manbag or whatever like the last one :p
    Would really like to see an updated module, positive display and funky jelly bezel/strap would be nice too ;)
    "Useless manbag"???

To me that sounds like an insult that might be tossed around from certain wives to their husbands... But I don't think that's exaaaaaactly what you were getting at.

Please, elaborate....

GW-T5030C-1JR was a 'collaboration' model, the hefty price was justified by the manbag combo - bit shady methinks but hey

Name:  51dyu4ruBnL.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  54.0 KB
    Time4Playnow, Epal2Apol and Rocat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gojira54 View Post
    agreed, the humble square is long over due for a module update, even if it was just a font update it would make all the difference. like putting the glx display sans tide graph would give it a very nice facelift imo
    idkfa likes this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

If past anniversaries are any indicator there're plenty of squares to come!

Series Model
    Rising White DW-5025B-7JF
    Ocean Gray DW-5025D-8JF
    Glorious Gold GW-M5625-7JF
    Team Tough DW-5025SP
    Dawn Black GW-5625AJ-1JF

Series Model
    Rising Red GW-M5630A-4
    Resist Black DW-5030C-1
    30 Stars GW-M5630D-1JR
    Lightning Yellow GW-M5630E-9JR
    Resist Black GW-T5030C-1
    Last edited by mikeymoto; September 6th, 2017 at 06:54.
    idkfa likes this.

Additional 25th models include the DW5600EH and DW5600VTSSK, and for the 30th the DW5030-1 and DW5030D.
    Casio knows anniversary time is $ time. Plenty more squares to come I'm sure.
    perfectlykevin likes this.

For sure there will be several variants of DW-5035. We just hope it will be made in Japan just like the 30th anniversary screw back (GW-T5030C, DW-5030, DW-5030C/D). The 25th anniversary screw backs (5025SP, 5025B, 5025D) were made in Thailand. I agree that Casio should upgrade the module 3421/3229. For me, It should have more alarms with variable dates, world time and autoel. Anyways, let's just wait and see.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information