Will it fit? Looking for strap

Thread: Will it fit? Looking for strap

Will it fit? Looking for strap

I recently received a G7800L. It comes with a leather strap that I don't like. I was looking for a resin replacement but they are hard to find for this model. I saw that a DW6900 strap has the same springbar length (16mm) Shoulder to shoulder the strap is 26mm. Wil this fit on a G7800L?

I also would like to know how to get the leather strap of. I think I should use my tool through the holes in the back (see pic) is this the right way?

Re: Will it fit? Looking for strap

I guess you're right about how to remove the strap. However I don't think a DW-6900 strap will fit - the lugs are completely different - even though the springbars are the same. And even if it does fit - it won't look good. There are some custom solutions however - try a forum search on G-7800+maratac or g-7800+elite.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I guess you're right about how to remove the strap. However I don't think a DW-6900 strap will fit - the lugs are completely different - even though the springbars are the same. And even if it does fit - it won't look good. There are some custom solutions however - try a forum search on G-7800+maratac or g-7800+elite.

Greetings, Sedi
    I don't like that Maratac solution. Crap if I knew that strap was so hard to find I wouldn't have bought the watch. I am gonna try to sell it I think.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Couldn't you notch a generic resin strap?
    'I never done it'

Wink Re: Will it fit? Looking for strap

Wow, what a great strap! Are you sure you want to remove it??? These straps are not very easy to remove, but you have to put your springbar tool in one of the four square holes.

It is actually even worse trying to put the strap back on

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Once it is off it will stay off. I am having it on sale now. If it doesn't sell I will keep it and look for an alternative.

Help!!!!!

AAAARgh! I am going nuts here. Been roaming internet for 3 days now and can't find anything. Will a G7900 strap fit? Help me out here guys. I am on the verge of getting a hammer and smashing the watch. I quit smoking for 9 days now so it can really happen.

Re: Help!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dreski View Post
    AAAARgh! I am going nuts here. Been roaming internet for 3 days now and can't find anything. Will a G7900 strap fit? Help me out here guys. I am on the verge of getting a hammer and smashing the watch. I quit smoking for 9 days now so it can really happen.
    I suggest you contact Keith at Tiktox.com here in the UK. Keith is very helpful and I am sure he will be able to help you.

Re: Help!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dreski View Post
    Hi
    I have the same watch and I don't like the strap too. Just wanted to know if you find a solution.
    Thanks

Thread Information