Will a GLX-5600 G-Lide accept a replacement nylon strap without any extra mating links?

Thread: Will a GLX-5600 G-Lide accept a replacement nylon strap without any extra mating links?

Will a GLX-5600 G-Lide accept a replacement nylon strap without any extra mating links?

Hello,

I am interested in replacing the resin strap on my black GLX-5600 G-Lide with one of the nylon/velcro straps from tiktox.com (here is the link if it is permitted: Casio Watches at Discount Prices | Casio Watches , Casio Watch Straps | Casio G-Shock Watches | Casio Pathfinder Watches |Casio Wave Ceptor Watches|Casio Watch Straps ).

My issue is that I am not sure if once I remove the resin straps, will the nylon ones be able to fit in under the pins or will I need some sort of converter like for those zulu straps? It is just that the strap is listed as 23 mm, but the pin spacing is just under 21 mm. I could not find this discussed anywhere.

Thanks

Re: Will a GLX-5600 G-Lide accept a replacement nylon strap without any extra mating links?

Here's a bump for you.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Re: Will a GLX-5600 G-Lide accept a replacement nylon strap without any extra mating links?

You will need "adaptors" as seen on some 5600s from Casio and available from Tiktox or Countycomm. Problem is that they usually come in matte resin .- i do not know of any model with glossy black adaptors, but that does not mean there ain´t none. The Springbars are much smaller (16 or 18 mm) than the strap and you cannot get it on without those adaptors. They look like that:

If you are only looking for a wider strap, maybe this one, which is available in black, too might do the trick:

I fitted this strap on a DW 5600WC as i did like tha allwhite look better than the Panda look. Those straps fit without any extra adaptors.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys. Though unfortunately tiktox is out of stock of the adapters and the rest of the sites aside from westcoasttime (which has an inconvenient transaction process) don't ship to Canada :(

My only hope now is if the Casio Parts Department ships to Canada, or if I manage to find a seller on a forum or ebay.

EDIT UPDATE: I finally got through to westcoasttime and a deal was made. Yay, success. Thanks again.
    Last edited by fry790; May 14th, 2011 at 03:35.

You'll also get an amusing business card from westcoastime.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information