Will the Manta's WR hold up?

Thread: Will the Manta's WR hold up?

Will the Manta's WR hold up?

I've posted this elsewhere, but it has been suggested that I repost onto this forum...even though the watch in question is not a G-Shock, I guess the thought was you guys know a lot about WR.

Seriously considering an Oceanus, either the M800 or a Manta, but I'm having a problem in choosing because of the following issues. I wear a watch 24/7, no diving, some pool/ocean swimming, in the shower, while playing 2-3 hours of tennis 4/5 days a week (in SoFL), fishing and working out. I believe that the M800 fits the bill for keeping out moisture as it is rated at 10 atm (100m), but the Manta may be problematic as it is only rated at 5 atm (50m). I like the Manata's style, thinness, and extra protection afforded to the the Manta's Ti (I don't believe that the M800's Ti has any extra protective coatings as does the Manta's). So, the Manta has some pluses that lean me towards it, but I am concerned that it may not be able to seal out water/moisture/sweat as well as the M800. I'd appreciate some direction with this issue. BTW, Im going to my local Oceanus dealer to actually look at these watches in person and to try them on. But, as for purchasing, I'll porobably do that via ebay or through an Asian importer/exporter.

Re: Will the Manta's WR hold up?

I currently have an Oceanus, and I am the same way......in wearing a watch 24/7. So far, I have had no issues with it (except it is a little "dressier" than I'm used to).

Joakim's excellent article may help you.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I doubt you would have any problems for many years. 50m - ~150ft. plenty deep for what you described. Remember, there is no law against having more than one watch. In fact, multiple watches is encouraged!
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

Even though I do have the feeling that the Manta or the M800 would hold up against water intrusion, I have decided not to get either watch but go back and get the Raymond Weil 8520-str-05207 that I was originally going to buy...before someone on one of these forums suggested looking at the Oceanus line. Well I did take some very hard and long looks (in person) at the Manta, the M800, and the RW, and found that the RW pleased me the most. As you all know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thanks all for your help.

What ever you get, you should enjoy it. There will be other opportunities to get other watches.
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

Thread Information