Will these Frogmen be sold in USA??

Thread: Will these Frogmen be sold in USA??

Will these Frogmen be sold in USA??

If this came up before 'search' didn't find me the answer.

These make ProTrek prices seem more reasonable.

http://www.casio.co.jp/release/2009/frogman.html

translated:

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

Konrad.

"Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions."

-- GK Chesterton

Re: Will these Frogmen be sold in USA??

casio are having a laugh at that price it just makes the frogman even more rediculously overpriced

and the design has gone backwards reverting to the old styling of previous models (which i never liked) i am very very disappointed and disgusted at the price, which doesnt really matter to me as im never going to buy one anyway

no doubt theyll sell but i cant see anyone being happy with the price
    Last edited by getmilk; August 27th, 2009 at 17:24.

I hope so, but there's no word of an official US release yet.

The ~$850 USD retail price won't go over well at all though. Even at half that it's still much more expensive than the last few GW-200 Frogman models.

A $500 retail price and street price of around $400 would probably be the very best we could hope for I guess. Any more than that just seems like unjustified gouging to me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I hope so, but there's no word of an official US release yet.

The ~$850 USD retail price won't go over well at all though. Even at half that it's still much more expensive than the last few GW-200 Frogman models.

A $500 retail price and street price of around $400 would probably be the very best we could hope for I guess. Any more than that just seems like unjustified gouging to me.
    riley

got the shirt thankyou very much indeed im delighted with it, great shirt great quality and fast postage your the man

still no camera im afrais will post as soon as i get one

cheers bra

i am waiting for posters saying its worth the price if someone is willing to pay it as its worth the money for him which imo says the same like a "circle is round".

lets take a deep breath clear our minds and chant all together "of course its overpriced, its too expensive, even when you calculate the better material, the image, the design, the idea, the marketing, nothing justifies that big price difference to other g-shock watches from a logical point of view." and casio will have a good laugh as people will still buy it because of "see argument on top again."

i just hope i am strong enough to not buy it, but in this case its easy as i dont like the design at all. on the other side i said the same about the gw-200 series, and i still dont have one, but i know i will order it, most likely the gw-200ms, cause i see its sold for a reasonable price of about 200 euro shipped now.
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

Quote Originally Posted by fonklover View Post
    i am waiting for posters saying its worth the price if someone is willing to pay it as its worth the money for him which imo says the same like a "circle is round".

lets take a deep breath clear our minds and chant all together "of course its overpriced, its too expensive, even when you calculate the better material, the image, the design, the idea, the marketing, nothing justifies that big price difference to other g-shock watches from a logical point of view." and casio will have a good laugh as people will still buy it because of "see argument on top again."

i just hope i am strong enough to not buy it, but in this case its easy as i dont like the design at all. on the other side i said the same about the gw-200 series, and i still dont have one, but i know i will order it, most likely the gw-200ms, cause i see its sold for a reasonable price of about 200 euro shipped now.
    fonk, my man, another witty post!

i agree with you, it's worth what someone will pay is a rather tired old tautology that frankly the global economic crisis seems to invalidate.

we may need to agree to disagree on the legitimacy of casio's price. recently i heard that vw is reintroducing the phaeton to the us market. sometimes the price leads the product, or the market and mind share. then again, sometimes companies make disastrous mistakes.

if we think of the watch as a fashion accessory, how does the price compare? certainly there are people with $700 sunglasses, purses, hats i suppose, and shoes most definitely. what if we think if the new frog purely as jewelry? in that case, it might be the least expensive thing on the glamor-set.

so let's think about it as a watch. plenty of people don't even look at watches less than 2 grand, 1 grand, let alone 700 usd. no doubt this one will be far more capable and about as exclusive as many other $700 watches, including expensive brietling or tag quartz. so it will be a change of pace for that crowd, and an aspirational piece for many others.

but no, no. in the end we're thinking of the frog as a casio. we're thinking of it as the sequel to a watch which we'd have to say is the 'local boy done good'. we implore other people to look beyond their $20 childhood f91 casios when regarding our $200 g-shocks, yet now we feel the brand has grown too proud.

to be continued.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Thread Information