Will these watches be too large on my wrist?

Thread: Will these watches be too large on my wrist?

Will these watches be too large on my wrist?

I have 6 3/4" wrists, so as you can see they are pretty small. I just need some advice from people who already have these watches and know more about watches than I do. I've been wanting to buy the GD100-1b or the GD100MS-1, but I'm worried they'll be rediculously large on my wrist. I love the blacked out military style of these watches and I really want it to look good on me. I have a pretty muscular build, but I'm very lean so my wrists are on the smaller side. Will these two watches be really big on my wrists or will they look normal? I'm pretty sure the face of these watches are about 50 mm. (2 inches) in width. Thanks for the help!

Re: Will these watches be too large on my wrist?

Hi and welcome to the forum!
    The GD-100 does not wear much bigger than a DW-6900, but I think the strap is slightly less flexible at the lugs so it might wear a little bigger. Best would be to try one before you buy it but IMO - if you can wear a DW-6900 you should not have any problems with a GD-100 - and you should be able to find a DW-6900 everywhere in order to try it on your wrist. Maybe someone also has some comparison pics or a similar wrist size and can post some photos. My wrists are not much bigger - about 7'' - so maybe this helps (it's a GA-100 but it has the same case as a GD-100):

cheers, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; June 25th, 2012 at 01:46.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Besides the helpful and accurate stuff above from Sedi, I would say only that it will probably come down to a question of how 'flat' your wrists are. Two people with wrists of your size might end up with different opinions about the wearability of that model based on this question.

If your wrists are wide and thin, then it will look fine on you (probably), whereas if your wrists are a more cylindrical 6 3/4" it might look a bit oversized. If at all possible try before you buy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i really like the clear one on the left. what's the model number?

Quote Originally Posted by WillyLix View Post
    i really like the clear one on the left. what's the model number?
    I haven't really been able to find out the correct model number as it was an export model which is not included in the G-Shock Perfect Search. It's also not listed in the great watchshock archive by our member Riley. The only pictures of it I can find with google pic search are my own . It's a DW-6900S "Surfing Timer", but the complete model number is unknown. It's grey so it should be DW-6900S-8, but the DW-6900S-8 is much darker:
    Casio: G-Shock DW-6900S-8T DW-6xxx photos, videos and specifications DW6900S-8T | Watch Archive
    But there's also some purple writing on the adapters so it might be a different model number. Someone on WUS told me it's a DW-6900S-6T, but in the watchshock archive the "6T" model is translucent blue.
    Casio: G-Shock DW-6900S-6T DW-6xxx photos, videos and specifications DW6900S-6T | Watch Archive
    Here's one other pic I could find which also claims it's a DW-6900S-6T:
    G-LIDEシリーズB はじめてのX-treme クレイGのG日記!/ウェブリブログ

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thread Information