Will Waveceptor work in...

Thread: Will Waveceptor work in...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Will Waveceptor work in...

Good day!

I'm off to the US next month for a month long vacation to visit friends and relatives. I've been thinking of buying the Gulfman Waveceptor version as soon as i step on US soil. I really like the watch's style and functions.

Now for the million dollar question, I live in the Philippines wherein an Atomic Clock transmitter is totally non-exsistent. Will the watch work here in my country or am I just wasting hard earned cash and just consider buying the Gulfman non-atomic version (G-9100). :thanks in advance G-Shockers!

Re: Will Waveceptor work in...

Well my atomic GW-400 works here in Australia off the Japan signal and we're much further away. A lot depends on local interference (eg mountains, buildings, electrical installations), but it's certainly a possibility.

Put it this way...if I bought an atomic Gulfman, I'd expect it to work here too. The main issue is whether your 'home' setting is in line with Tokyo setting (where you need to set it to receive). If not, you can switch it over temporarily just to get a sync, and return it to your local setting.

Hello. I think you better inquire at a Casio Service Center to be sure if the Waveceptor will work here in the Philippines. I am also wondering if they would work here, I read somewhere that there is a 2,000Km range from the atomic clock transmitter, if this is true it might just work. Time Depot Shops are the authorized Casio Service Center here. They are located mostly at SM Malls. I will inquire when I visit the shops. Here are the list of Time Depot shops. SM City North EDSA, The Block Tel# 442-00-69. Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Tel# 898-1491. SM Mall of Asia Tel# 556-0652.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I want to know if Waveceptor (or anything similar, other brands?) works in Singapore...

Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    Well my atomic GW-400 works here in Australia off the Japan signal and we're much further away. A lot depends on local interference (eg mountains, buildings, electrical installations), but it's certainly a possibility.

Put it this way...if I bought an atomic Gulfman, I'd expect it to work here too. The main issue is whether your 'home' setting is in line with Tokyo setting (where you need to set it to receive). If not, you can switch it over temporarily just to get a sync, and return it to your local setting.
    Hi Mate!

Wow! Australia is totally far away from Japan! do you get sync regulary or only in certain ares?

Quote Originally Posted by jing View Post
    Hello. I think you better inquire at a Casio Service Center to be sure if the Waveceptor will work here in the Philippines. I am also wondering if they would work here, I read somewhere that there is a 2,000Km range from the atomic clock transmitter, if this is true it might just work. Time Depot Shops are the authorized Casio Service Center here. They are located mostly at SM Malls. I will inquire when I visit the shops. Here are the list of Time Depot shops. SM City North EDSA, The Block Tel# 442-00-69. Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Tel# 898-1491. SM Mall of Asia Tel# 556-0652.
    Hi Jing,

i tried asking time depot powerplant mall and they were not able to answer my question. it made sense to me since time depot does not import the waveceptor line here in the Philippines since we don't have atomic clock transmitters in our country. best bet is to email casio directly and i hope they will reply....IN ENGLISH!

Quote Originally Posted by jing View Post
    Hi Jing,

i tried asking time depot powerplant mall and they were not able to answer my question. it made sense to me since time depot does not import the waveceptor line here in the Philippines since we don't have atomic clock transmitters in our country. best bet is to email casio directly and i hope they will reply....IN ENGLISH! salamat kabayan!

Quote Originally Posted by kaon View Post
    I want to know if Waveceptor (or anything similar, other brands?) works in Singapore...
    we have the same issue Kaon, do you know of any country in South East Asia that have atomic clock transmitters?

Quote Originally Posted by devgru View Post
    we have the same issue Kaon, do you know of any country in South East Asia that have atomic clock transmitters?
    Korea has a few Atomic devices but I wouldn't think you would want to access them

Quote Originally Posted by devgru View Post
    ...I live in the Philippines wherein an Atomic Clock transmitter is totally non-exsistent...
    What is really sad is that there are more than 230 atomic clocks in laboratories and observatories around the world. That's where the International Atomic Time comes from. It's essential for the so-called Universal Time in astronomy, where precision really counts.

The problem is the short number of radio transmitters. But, if I remember correctly, there are also transmitters, for example, in Switzerland, France and China. Not sure, but may be there are others out there.

I hope someday we'll see a real Multiband Waveceptor.
    Last edited by Vintage; February 19th, 2008 at 21:18.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information