Will we see a Rangemaster and Frogmaster???

Poll: Will we see a Rangemaster and Frogmaster?

Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Will we see a Rangemaster and Frogmaster???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Will we see a Rangemaster and Frogmaster???

So we had the Gulfman and Mudman, now we have the Gulfmaster and Mudmaster. (both also went from digital to ana-digi)

Will we see the same type of thing with the Rangeman and Frogman? IMO it would be cool to see "Master" versions of each -- but I would hope they would still be all-digital!!!

What got me thinking of this was that today, I was skimming thru a g-shock catalog and it had the Gulfman, Mudman, Frogman, and Rangeman all pictured on a single page...two of them have gone to "Masters" so, wonder what the chances are of the others doing that??

Also, IF that happens and we get a Rangemaster and Frogmaster, what cool new features would you like to see in them? In a Rangemaster, I'd like to see GPS in an all-digital watch, along with tide/moon data. In a Frogmaster, a depth gauge would be cool!! Not sure about GPS for a Frogmaster. I suppose it would be cool, but might push up the price too much... (even higher than they already are for multi band 6!)

p.s. I voted for "certain to see BOTH versions" but that may be more wishful thinking than anything else! But you never know, right?! (unless you are Kikuo Ibe!)
    Last edited by Time4Playnow; September 20th, 2015 at 04:37.

Re: Will we see a Rangemaster and Frogmaster???

if there'll ever be a rangemaster i hope it'll have something like "real" altitude reading independent from barometer... maybe from GPS reading? :|
    Time4Playnow and Kev55 like this.

Voted. Neither of them make much sense to me.

I think Mudmaster is already pretty much the anal-digi incarnation of Rangeman.

Frogman was "designated" for diving (though I think 99% of buyers aren't buying it for that), a GPS enabled Frogwhatever doesn't make sense because GPS won't penetrate underwater.

I do think a possibility exists some day for GPS-equipped Mudmaster though (maybe in another name).
    Crater likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I voted for frogmaster, Mudmaster already covers most of the features of the Rangeman, so there is no need for a Rangemaster. I think an analogue frogmaster actually makes sense if it has good lumes. Dive watch without the need to activate backlight makes sense
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cbkihong View Post
    Voted. Neither of them make much sense to me.

I think Mudmaster is already pretty much the anal-digi incarnation of Rangeman.

Frogman was "designated" for diving (though I think 99% of buyers aren't buying it for that), a GPS enabled Frogwhatever doesn't make sense because GPS won't penetrate underwater.

I do think a possibility exists some day for GPS-equipped Mudmaster though (maybe in another name).
    I wear my watches on my wrist, not down there.

Mudmaster is basically a ana-digital version of Rangeman, they look quite similar, so I don't think we'll get Rangemaster. Frogmaster is maybe possible, but I really can't imagine how they would include hands in that design to make it analog, it wouldn't look right. But hard to say, at the moment we have zero information to go on
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Hopefully Forgmaster will not look anything like that 8-)

Name:  fake_frogman_g-shock.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  96.3 KB

Cheers, Piowa

lol Piowa yes, that exactly what I'm talking about... hands just dont work on Frogman

Quote Originally Posted by Piowa View Post
    Hopefully Forgmaster will not look anything like that 8-)
    That is a Forgemaster.

To do a dive watch properly, the Frogmaster should be fully metal, with movable (single direction) bezel, 300m or more WR, and a depth gauge, while maintaining the general shape of the current Frogman.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information