Winter vs Summer

Thread: Winter vs Summer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winter vs Summer

Do you find that you wear different types of watches in the winter as compared to summer?

I usually start wearing GShocks a lot more frequently around the time that spring begins, and continuing through the summer.

Then later, sometime during the fall I will usually switch to more "traditional" watches.

I think this is partly because I associate the summer with water/sports activities. I also live in a warm climate.

My traditional watches usually have leather bands. And even though many of them are water resistant leather, there is just something that feels right about wearing these watches during the Holidays and the cooler months.

What about you?
    ShockMister

Suspended

Re: Winter vs Summer

I will change to a different model of G-Shock, something thinner like the pathfinder 1300 or 5600 series that will fit better under sleeves.

Nope. I wear all of my watches, anytime I want regardless of season.
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I hardly wear leather straps in the summer time because I hate to soak them with sweat
    Cheers,
    Micha

Quote Originally Posted by WhtShadow View Post
    Nope. I wear all of my watches, anytime I want regardless of season.
    Same here. I wear'em all when I want, except for the yellow Raysman. That's my summertime only G.

Quote Originally Posted by Micha View Post
    I hardly wear leather straps in the summer time because I hate to soak them with sweat
    +1 same here. It's especially difficult in hot and humid climates.

I find that I wear my Citizen diver a lot more in the summer. Summer just puts me in the mood for it.

I think my 6600 will see more wrist time in the winter because of its large size, ironically. Long sleeves are a plus on those days when I'm more self-conscious about the size of the watch on my skinny arm!
    Last edited by Caraptor; November 1st, 2009 at 17:17.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

Definately the G Shocks during the summer with all the swimming I do (lakes and oceans) and the dirt biking. My Swiss and Seiko divers when I spend more time indoors like in the winter.

Does anybody else change their watch several times a day.........Or am I off my nut?

There's no place like home.

Quote Originally Posted by Caraptor View Post
    I think my 6600 will see more wrist time in the winter because of its large size, ironically. Long sleeves are a plus on those days when I'm more self-conscious about the size of the watch on my skinny arm!
    Now that does make sense.
    ShockMister

Quote Originally Posted by Stratoshocker View Post
    Definately the G Shocks during the summer with all the swimming I do (lakes and oceans) and the dirt biking. My Swiss and Seiko divers when I spend more time indoors like in the winter.

Does anybody else change their watch several times a day.........Or am I off my nut?
    I am tempted to. But I actually try to leave one watch on for several days at a time. Do-ing and un-doing the band seems to be what weakens it and is usually the first thing to break.
    ShockMister

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information