Women and the Rangeman
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Women and the Rangeman

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Women and the Rangeman

Hey G-Shock people,
    I知 a girl who just started wearing a watch for the first time last year. I go clubbing a lot and I usually leave my phone in the car so I decided to get a watch. I started with Timex Weekender, then I got a Citizen Eco Drive, and for Christmas I got a Baby-G BA110LP-7A that I absolutely love.
    I started reading about G-Shocks and all the cool high-tech things some of them can do, and now I知 torn between fashion and functionality.
    Part of me wants to buy a black S- Series (GMAS110F-1A), but the other part of me wants to get something higher-tech and ridiculous.
    I love the Rangeman, I love the scifi look and all the high-tech features, but I知 scared I値l look ridiculous with a watch that big. My wrist is about 6.3 inches around.
    Big watches are in right now, but how big is too big?
    Any other ladies out there? Anyone with a wife/friend/girl-friend who rocks a big Gshock?

I did some searching and was inspired by a thread called "Women and Mudman" which I can't link to because my post count is too low.
    Hughes. likes this.

Re: Women and the Rangeman

Quote Originally Posted by Jen242 View Post
    Hey G-Shock people,
    I知 a girl who just started wearing a watch for the first time last year. I go clubbing a lot and I usually leave my phone in the car so I decided to get a watch. I started with Timex Weekender, then I got a Citizen Eco Drive, and for Christmas I got a Baby-G BA110LP-7A that I absolutely love.
    I started reading about G-Shocks and all the cool high-tech things some of them can do, and now I知 torn between fashion and functionality.
    Part of me wants to buy a black S- Series (GMAS110F-1A), but the other part of me wants to get something higher-tech and ridiculous.
    I love the Rangeman, I love the scifi look and all the high-tech features, but I知 scared I値l look ridiculous with a watch that big. My wrist is about 6.3 inches around.
    Big watches are in right now, but how big is too big?
    Any other ladies out there? Anyone with a wife/friend/girl-friend who rocks a big Gshock?

I did some searching and was inspired by a thread called "Women and Mudman" which I can't link to because my post count is too low.
    Welcome to the forum and the world of G-Shocks. The Rangeman is a good pick to start with in my opinion. I don't think you need to worry too much about the Rangeman except maybe some of the bulk vertically. Otherwise, it'll probably look fine. Your wrist about the same size as mine and I wear GW-9300's which are approximate to the dimensions of the Rangeman. I personally feel they look fine and no one really has said anything otherwise.

I think as long as it comes off proportionate to the rest of your body then you won't look like some guys wearing those ridiculously large Diesel watches with 6 subdials. If you want to talk about too large take a look at some of those Diesel watches.
    Last edited by JarenCarter; February 10th, 2016 at 06:59.

6.3 inch is fair enough for the lugs distance end to end of the gw9300 mudman. Dunno about the rangeman. And mudman is already thick and am sure lighter than the rangeman. But rangeman is thicker or has more height above the wrist. If ur ok with that then the lugs distance will be considered for the fit..

hawlrite!
    Hawlrite!
    PaLigis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think a big watch worn loose on the wrist can look great on a slimmer girl's arm, as long as it's not with an LBD or a ball gown. Way cooler than a bracelet. and lots of toys to play with on the a Rangeman.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.
    Life is short, time is precious.

How about squares? They look sexy on a girl's wrist. Heres a wrist pic of my friend rockin my 5030

JohnQFord and JohnnyBlazE like this.

That 5030 is lovely, and I saw a guy wearing an LA670 the other day, so anything goes!
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

my wrist is a fraction of a bit smaller than yours, i've had 2 rangeman's. if i cared what other people thought about the size of my watches. i'd maybe only have 2 watches in my 30+ collection that i could wear.

If you want it, I say go for it. I see no reason why being a woman (or having small wrists) should preclude you from owning such a great watch. In fact, I think a girl wearing a Rangeman would be cool. If you live near a Macy's they might have one for you to try on. Otherwise, you can always buy from Amazon for an easy return if it doesn't suit you.

Here is a very ''watch focused'' ad for King... So you get the idea how big G looks on a woman. King is even bigger then Rangeman. If don't mind the excess strap tail sticking out at the end, then there is no reason not to get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53mrkkzeyU4
    Last edited by Crater; February 10th, 2016 at 16:47.

Women and the Rangeman

I think it would be just fine. Not to stereo type, but you could hunt down a special edition sunrise purple (looks hot pink) as well if you don't mind the negative screen or the white Burton version. Or for some more luxury and "iconic" styling even a frogman, with a nice screw back and solid metal case with some nifty high tech features as well, though at a much higher price and heavier. There are some pics of women wearing them. My lady said she'd rock it, though she loves her Michael Kors aka "nice blah fossil" watch right now...and I'd buy it for myself first for collecting purposes... No such thing as too big! Many people wear watches just loose on the wrist to dangle like a bracelet would.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455137892.303231.jpg
Views: 989
Size:  85.4 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455137910.729113.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  71.5 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455137920.114853.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  23.1 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455137929.673521.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  43.1 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CK89101; February 11th, 2016 at 02:18.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information