Wonder why Casio don't use this type of display...

Thread: Wonder why Casio don't use this type of display...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wonder why Casio don't use this type of display...

...on more of their G-shock models.

The blue numbers on a white background stand out very clearly and look great. Imagine a Frog or a Riseman with this blue on white display.

Re: Wonder why Casio don't use this type of display...

Anyone got some better pics of this one? It looks promising, but these stock photos can be deceiving.

Some of the Baby-G models have awesome LCDs that have never been used in G-Shocks. Casio has the rugged design of G-Shocks down, but I'd like to seem them do a lot more with the display.

This was the clearest pic I could find, but I recall having seen one in real life a few years ago and thought it looked great. I really like the blue numbers on white...

...the reverse blue display is also great, but very rare. My bro has one and it's seriously drool-worthy.

Casio are far too boring with their usual LCD selections imho.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mate, I reckon you might like these....

Some nice pics there Kiwi. Just kinda lamenting that Casio rarely do anything very creative with there mainstream model displays when they have done so with lots of there 'lesser' models like the Baby-G's etc.

Banned

It may have something to do with shock-proofing a slab of glass with holes cut into it, I think. In at least one of those watches, it appears that the entire face is an lcd screen, and cutting a hole into it for the analog movement really weakens that slab. Maybe they prefer to mount a few smaller lcd's at various points for durability? Who knows, though - maybe the others are all one piece, too. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by divisionByZero View Post
    It may have something to do with shock-proofing a slab of glass with holes cut into it, I think. In at least one of those watches, it appears that the entire face is an lcd screen, and cutting a hole into it for the analog movement really weakens that slab. Maybe they prefer to mount a few smaller lcd's at various points for durability? Who knows, though - maybe the others are all one piece, too. I dunno.
    They don't push a hole in the LCD if they did that it would be ruined hehe,

No they most likely use pre manufactured parts with holes in it already.

Also Casio uses a inovative solution for the analogue part which makes it floating in relation to the module so that it becomes shock and vibration resistant!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

What I was talking about was the LCD part of the display, not the fact that this particular model has analog hands. I think Casio should utilise more of their LCD designs in regular models like the Gulfman, Riseman, Protrek etc.

Yeah, a display like those would definitely go to the top of the must-have list.
    current watches Seiko 5 SNXS77 · G-Shock DW5600E-1V · Timex T2M489

Wink Re: Wonder why Casio don't use this type of display...

Hi Bluegum,

When these G's came out, I believe they were not very popular at first. Once I saw one in real (it was in the St. Bavo's Cathedral in Ghent), I was sold to this big lookers. These were the cockpit series of 2003. If I'm correct, they were also a new series to celebrate G-Shock's 20th anniversary. The best looking IMHO is the NISMO version. They were not cheap, but looked awesome. I have no pics of them, but they are silverwhite with red. Awesome!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information