IT WORKED!!! (WAS: How would I know if I accidentally disconnected the solar panel? ...)
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: IT WORKED!!! (WAS: How would I know if I accidentally disconnected the solar panel? ...)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

IT WORKED!!! (WAS: How would I know if I accidentally disconnected the solar panel? ...)

I'm wondering if it's possible to accidentally disconnect the solar panel when removing and replacing a module?

EDIT:

It worked!!!
    Last edited by m1ckDELTA; October 18th, 2017 at 06:51.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

Re: How would I know if I accidentally disconnected the solar panel? What to look for visually?

if you JUST removed the module, and not separated the parts of the module. you should be fine.
    m1ckDELTA likes this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

Re: How would I know if I accidentally disconnected the solar panel? What to look for visually?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    if you JUST removed the module, and not separated the parts of the module. you should be fine.
    Not true in all cases. Some of the older modules were connected to the solar panels via a small wire clip. Not all modules use the two springs.

Bottom line if both springs (looks like alarm springs) are there you should be good. If if is a old model then when you removed the module (gently) you would have seen and felt a connection to the solar panel and it would not have come out correctly without disconnecting the small wires (think clips like those that hold a battery in place on the watch).
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The watch in question is a Rangeman.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

I stand corrected then. Yes the module is connected to the solar panel via two springs. The module would just lift out.
    m1ckDELTA likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Yes, I think there's a way to tell: Put it in power save mode. Leave it on your desk where there's ample light. If the watch goes into standby mode, your solar cells are not connected. If the watch doesn't get any current from the solar cells, it infers that there's no light.
    Last edited by xevious; October 9th, 2017 at 21:23.
    m1ckDELTA, zabat and DDickson73 like this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Yes, I think there's a way to tell: Put it in power save mode. Leave it on your desk where there's ample light. If the watch goes into standby mode, your solar cells are not connected. If the watch doesn't get any current from the solar cells, it infers that there's no light.
    The watch goes into PS mode after a while sitting under a plant light. The screen goes blank and the PS icon blinks.

when it does this, when you pick it up does it turn back on?
    m1ckDELTA likes this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

* DELETE *
    Last edited by xevious; October 9th, 2017 at 22:17. Reason: duplicate
    m1ckDELTA likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckDELTA View Post
    The watch goes into PS mode after a while sitting under a plant light. The screen goes blank and the PS icon blinks.
    It shouldn't go into power save if there's enough light to induce a charge. A plant light should keep it on. I have all of my solar G-Shock watches with power save on... and they never go blank when in a lighted environment. Never. So what you're describing sure sounds like to me that the solar cells are not connected up properly.

A solar powered CASIO watch will only go into power save mode when it is dark, after 60 to 70 minutes have passed since last touched. Moving the watch into the light, pressing any button, or angling the watch towards you for viewing will disengage power save mode and the display will activate.
    GaryK30 and m1ckDELTA like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information