The World Time Function needs it's own Alarm Mode.

Thread: The World Time Function needs it's own Alarm Mode.

Lightbulb The World Time Function needs it's own Alarm Mode.

I know you can just add or subtract it from your local time, but it would so much easier if you can just press a few buttons to do it.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Re: The World Time Function needs it's own Alarm Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocks Are Cool. View Post
    I know you can just add or subtract it from your local time, but it would so much easier if you can just press a few buttons to do it.
    Yep, it's pretty strange that some Baby-Gs can set alarms connected to a target time zone, but the "big brothers" cannot...

Wow, I did not know that!

Thanks.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Three of the four Citizens I've had have a setting for that on their alarms.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Yes it would be a good feature for the newer models.

My old favourite module 643 from the W50U World Time watch allows the time zone to be set individually for each alarm...just a press of a button lets you reference the equivalent home time during setting. A long forgotten but useful feature...

i don't think casio leaving this out is a mere oversight. look at the confusion over world time as it stands now, based on the questions to the board. i'd describe world time as the mode that 'shows you what time it is elsewhere', and that is it in a nutshell- save for the dst niggle. and what a hassle that could be for someone to set an alarm when traveling in london or elsewhere and the dst status was an hour off. no, for the traveler's spending the night, adjusting home timezone is probably the easiest.

but back to the alarm mode, well just the other day we had a gshock friend ask in a thread how to turn an alarm off. so while i personally would love it, i bet casio has evaluated the idea as too complex, on top of the settings required for atomic, dst, 24 hour time, home time zone, etc.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

I don't think adding a World Time Alarm Mode would make it complicated at all.

It just saves you time adding or subtracting the difference from your home time.

I'll give you can example.

If it's 0:00 in The Netherlands.

I would have to set my local time to 15:00.

It leaves less room for mistakes if you really need to know the difference.
    Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; August 25th, 2009 at 00:10.

Thread Information