worse incident/accident your G-Shock (or any watch) has been through
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: worse incident/accident your G-Shock (or any watch) has been through

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

worse incident/accident your G-Shock (or any watch) has been through

So I thought it would be fun to ask this question, especially when we consider the precautions we take to protect our watches; and for those of us who like to beat our chests a chance to brag about old battle wounds! So, G-shocks for all their ruggedness and reliability are usually the watches we take on outdoor adventures, or for those of us with particularly rough and physical jobs - to the office.

For myself it was with my AWG-100BR-1A, long boarding down a long hill. Ate it at decent speed and got some nice road rash for it(thankfully nothing really serious). As for the watch the resin on top of the bezel got pretty torn up, 1 of the buttons are gone, the shorter part of the band torn off, watch movement jarred and now reads 10 minutes late, and some blood stains on it! Needless to say the thing is a write off as a wrist watch but since it still works (testament to the line's durability) I use it now as a desktop clock. The watch i think got it worse than myself but this accident kinda made me realize i'm getting a little old for skateboarding!

So please share your stories I'd love to hear'em!

Re: worse incident/accident your G-Shock (or any watch) has been through

i was shooting down a dirt trail, on my mountain bike , a trail i had be down a hundred times in the past, at the bottom of the dirt trail it makes a transition to asphalt, but this very cold moring(christmas eve moring) i was trying to stay ahead of my brother, and did'nt see the frozen frost(black ice) at the transition, & down i went ! I've been down before ,but not like this, i slammed the pavement hard. i busted my bike, my wrist, dislocated my two middle fingers,on my newlly broken wrist,and lots of road rash, i remmber thinking when the hell am i going to stop frecking sliding...and last but not least! my 8 year old, DW6900 G-shock. "blew" that 'sucker' right off my wrist ! i bust short side of the band, blew the long side of the band, out at the pin, and grinded a knarlly chunk, out of the resin bezel, and cramed alittle tiny rock into the bottom of the bezel,which crack the cyrstel. my bro so me go down , so back and slowed down,but even at the slower speed ,he went down also. we called the wife,and both of us went home in the back of the p/u truck. only i had to go to kaiser hosp. it took all day to get my cast on. screwed up x-mas eve & x-mas day plans.it was just ugly any way you look at it... idid get my "G" FIXED..
    nigelw likes this.
    G-SHOCK DUKE

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Getting constantly hit while doing Kempo Karate and Ju-Jitsu. The worse part of it was that the person that was doing the hitting was a female.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Washing machines and boy scout summer camps.
    ElectricDan likes this.

I work in a prison... nuff said LOL... Oleoresin Capsicum has no affect nor does Taser... or the ICE shield... and wrestling inmates hasn't scratched one yet...

I didn't start buying Gs until my active life went dormant for the past 4 years. I beat up Ironman watches, Suuntos and really expensive stuff. Now I have a load of Gs to whack on door frames. Go figure.
    Jeff_C likes this.
    Wear what you like.

Many moons ago, I had my highschool baseball team pitcher chuck my DW002 into a wall, full steam. Knocked one of the wings loose, that's it.
    We stole the Eagle from the Air Force; the Anchor from the Navy; the Rope from the Army, and on the seventh day when God rested, we overran His perimeter and
    stole the Globe, and have been protecting our shores ever since.

United States Marines.

Lost (what I thought was the coolest) Timex when I was a kid, waterskiing (dumping, actually!). Must have yanked a spring bar too hard. Some fish WIS got my cool watch that came in a jar of water! I was bummed......

Josh

Mine has been dropped maybe 8 feet and also smashed against the ground, when I fell. No issues.

indirect lighting strike to my GL7500.

hit a tree about 20' away, traveled across wet grass to the metal frame of the party tent we were struggling to set up in the rain. knocked us down and burned our fingertips, but the G was fine. :)
    Fordham-NY and nigelw like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information