Is this worth buying?
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Is this worth buying?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is this worth buying?

Hey People,

Need your suggestions for the g-shock model G-2300.. One of my friend is selling it for $50... he says its brand new and he has never used it.... looking at the pics he's sent me I was a little confused looking at the cloth band vs a resin one... Also I am not sure if its real or fake... Also is $50 a legible price for this model? Below are the pics he has sent me... Really need ur inputs friends

Re: Is this worth buying?

Pretty sure its genuine! I wouldn't consider 50 a bad price either! But it depends where you are really. Prices vary from around the world.

The main thing is if you like it! That over rules everything else I reckon haha

Will.
    Ash1979 and soulbridgemedia like this.

Looks real to me and 50 bones sounds ok, if you like it you cant go wrong for 50 bucks, cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

G-2300 is a great model and hard to find in good condition, i say go for it.

The G2300B came with a cloth strap and the now-discontinued "cover/end pieces" that we call "strap adapters" around here.

Casio G2300B-1V Parts and Accessories

Casio still makes those pieces for the 5600 models, but the ones for the 2300 were curved to match the curved bezel and curved face of the watch.

You can easily slide the existing strap out of those adapters and install any 24mm (or 22mm) one piece Zulu strap instead.
    watch_geek2014 likes this.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

The G-2300 series is a workhorse model and it's easy to find them floating about used and new. However, the nylon band version is harder to obtain. Some people love those bands, others hate 'em. If you're comfortable with it, I'd say go for it. As Mike pointed out, you can also opt for a NATO style strap later on. Nice to have that flexibility.
    Last edited by xevious; May 28th, 2015 at 18:14.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Give him the $50, it's a real G, and take the watch.
    watch_geek2014 likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

NO, hope I am not too late, but 30 bucks is the DEAL

I had the same G, but it's not in its original form anymore after many mods

1/ the module is tough alright, but, given its age, and the time it came out - the solar battery is gonnna die on you, slowly but losing charge

2/ the bezel ring is made by the same material as the light button, NOT metal like the ones came out after - I messed up at least 2 trying to paint and clean by aceton

3/ the adaptors is as rare as it gets - would look awesome on any rounded Gshock that you want to use zulu/nato

4/ the strap is convenience to put on and take off, but it stays wet longer and difficult to adjust - so you need a new nato/zulu (i talked about this yesterday in another thread), with better material and easier to wear (on your naked wrist or outside your jacket-sleeve)

so 1+2 = price = 3
    you are still losing money for 4
    50 USD is NOT a good deal, I also spent money on oil that hyrdo-mod mine

LOLz

I think Mike got a direct hit above. If indeed your friend is providing you accurate photos, it's highly certain that it's the G2300B-1V (module 2184, first released 2003). In the same year, they also released the original G2310 model (same 2184 module, with only cosmetic difference to G2300).

Name:  g2300bcompare.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  113.2 KB

The 2184 module provided telememo / databank functions, full 4 digit year / date / day of week / time display, as well as a 24 hours count down timer settable in 1 second intervals. In addition, it used the bigger ML2016 rechargeable battery. You can still find a similar current model called the G2310R (module 3192, first released 2009), which no longer provides the above functions and uses the more common and smaller CTL1616 rechargeable battery. The G2310R should still be using the same band, so you may be able to get a cheap resin band replacement if you don't like the NATO.

Here are some related threads in the forum.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/did...l#post12333482
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g23...10-4270-2.html

For $50 bucks, I say just grab it, same as Rocat said above. This is a classic G-shock, which Casio no longer produce. The ones here saying the price's not low enough are either just joking or are die hard used G-shock restorers (who used to low used prices).
    Last edited by watch_geek2014; May 28th, 2015 at 19:50.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information