Worth waiting for the rangeman ?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Worth waiting for the rangeman ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Worth waiting for the rangeman ?

I have been looking at getting the new prw3000 for some time now, and was so sure I wanted it until the rangeman was announced. My question is, should I wait for the rangeman or get the pro trek now? Are there any features one watch has over the other ? Any input is greatly appreciated :)

lvt

Re: Worth waiting for the rangeman ?

They aren't too much different in functions with one being for G-shock fans and other for regular ABC fans.

However, from the recent reviews and photos of both watches, I found that the PRW-3000 has a more natural way to display information for an ABC watch.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

I still think the 3000 is an ugly duckling, a plasticy mess IMO. It seems it's the most functional ABC to use to date though.

The rangeman is hardly a beauty either though, but it is growing on me. To me if it is going to be about the same price as the 3000, it is the one to get, no question.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, Rangeman is worth waiting for.

LUW

Like most here, if you're a g-shockaholic, wait for the Rangeman. If not, get the ProTrek.
    But if you want a better ABC tool, get a Core.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    But if you want a better ABC tool, get a Core.

I was/am an ABC freak and naturally gravitated to the more advanced watches over the years of collecting and ended up with a display case full of Suuntos. The Core was my least favorite even though it was the most advanced. My favorite Suunto was the military X-LAnder, absolutely awesome IMO.

Im very excited about the Rangeman, but November/December is a long way off. I'll be buying other vintage pieces in the meantime and when the right version is available (MIB), then I will by it :) That probably wont happen until the first of the year. Kevin.

I'm already waiting for the Rangeman to replace both my Risemen. On the other hand, I'm also waiting for the iPhone 5S.
    Casio Riseman GW-9200J-1JF, Rangeman GW-9400J-1JF, Frogman GWF-1000G-1DR & Classic GW-M5610R-1DR. TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300m Calibre 5 WAN2110.BA0822. Seiko Criteria 100m Quartz Chronograph SNDC63P1.​Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660. Apple Watch Series 2 42mm SS with Milanese Loop.

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I still think the 3000 is an ugly duckling, a plasticy mess IMO.
    My sentiments . . . but inverse and regarding the Rangeman, not the 3000. The more I see the Pro Trek, the more I want one.

IMO a watch with ABC functions should have a nice large display, one feature that the 3000 offers. It's also small and doesn't sit like a brick on your wrist (see picture below compared to the Core).

The Rangeman is just slightly bigger that the G9300 Mudman, which on my wrist looks like a hockey puck. If you want something smaller that has a considerable smaller profile, the get the 3000. If you beat up your watches on a regular basis, then get the Rangeman.
    Attached Images Attached Images

James142, azpops and lucduc like this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron308 View Post
    I have been looking at getting the new prw3000 for some time now, and was so sure I wanted it until the rangeman was announced. My question is, should I wait for the rangeman or get the pro trek now? Are there any features one watch has over the other ? Any input is greatly appreciated :)
    The PRW is much smaller, slimmer and has larger digits which is useful for an ABC tool. The GW-9400 is a monster, nice to look at, build like a tank but impractical due to the sheer size and relative small digits. The Protrek can be worn in office or at formal occasions, while I'm pretty sure the G can't and/or won't. If I were you, the Protrek would be my choice.

cheers
    lucduc likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information