Would you miss this forum F17, if it suddenly disappeared?
Like Tree292Likes

Thread: Would you miss this forum F17, if it suddenly disappeared?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Would you miss this forum F17, if it suddenly disappeared?

I'm just curious as last year, the car owners club I was a member of suddenly went down due to some moronic internet hacker. I was a member for over 10 years, and it was a source not only for excellent technical info in keeping an aging car on the road, but some really good banter between members. The site was restored a couple of months ago (after a 9 month absence), but unfortunately all the years of 'how to posts' and everything else could not be restored so it's like a new forum, and as such, an almost useless resource!

Toyota GT4OC

So, how would you feel if we all suddenly disappeared?
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Re: Would you miss this forum F17, if it suddenly disappeared?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    I'm just curious as last year, the car owners club I was a member of suddenly went down due to some moronic internet hacker. I was a member for over 10 years, and it was a source not only for excellent technical info in keeping an aging car on the road, but some really good banter between members. The site was restored a couple of months ago (after a 9 month absence), but unfortunately all the years of 'how to posts' and everything else could not be restored so it's like a new forum, and as such, an almost useless resource!

Toyota GT4OC

I am a Rennlist member and the loss of technical information on 30 year old vehicles would be devastating. I have backed up much data, and even printed/bound some material. I too am 10 years plus there, and am considered well.
    I am recent here, and would miss it but it wouldn’t have the consequence as losing the technical Forum for old German cars.
    StephenWatch likes this.

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

Toyota GT4OC

I am a Rennlist member and the loss of technical information on 30 year old vehicles would be devastating. I have backed up much data, and even printed/bound some material. I too am 10 years plus there, and am considered well.
    I am recent here, and would miss it but it wouldn’t have the consequence as losing the technical Forum for old German cars.

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Are you threatening me? Haha.

In all serious, I'm very new to this forum, but if something happened to it, I would still be very sad. It's just fun to talk to gentlemen that enjoy a fairly obscure subject(G-Shock). A subject that most people don't give to much thought about. Because for whatever reason these watches are special. And we get it. So no G-Shock forum? FTS!

Yeah, I'd miss it. There's a good friendly feel to F17, and as well as having fun, the times I've had help and advice from knowledgeable members have been numerous and welcome!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

do you expect anything other than yes? im sure the trolls would find other sites to spread their specialness, but there are some good folk here and we have fun or else we wouldnt be coming here daily.

there was a great Football/Steelers forum at CBS sports, then a new admin came in and imposed rules making it so goody goody friendly as to not offend a 3 year old. no razzing or ranking of any kind was tolerated, and if you are a real fan of the game and have team affiliations, you know how busting chops works.....well, it took around a month before everyone drifted off.....the admin was shown the door, emails invitiing us back etc,,,,it was to late and the entire forum was DOA.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

I frequent this forum, along with the Rolex, Omega & Grand Seiko forums too.
    Now, I must admit to being mightily impressed with the friendliness & helpfulness of the majority of people on these forums.
    Sure, you get the odd idiot, but generally they are a great bunch of blokes on all of the four forums I visit.
    Long may it continue too!
    Oh, and here are some of my Casio watches, for those who think you can't love realistically priced watches and more expensive one's too.
    I'm free & easy with my love!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by HiggsBoson; October 25th, 2017 at 15:27.

I would miss it very much. I would also save a lot of money.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

I post in the Subaru Outback forums, as I believe everyone who owns a car should make some effort to learn a little bit about it.

G Shocks are what got me into watches, I wouldn't be devastated (life goes on) but I'd be upset over the matter.

Knock on wood never happens
    kubr1ck likes this.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by spikeyadrian View Post
    I frequent this forum, along with the Rolex, Omega & Grand Seiko forums too.
    Now, I must admit to being mightily impressed with the friendliness & helpfulness of the majority of people on these forums.
    Sure, you get the odd idiot, but generally they are a great bunch of blokes on all of the four forums I visit.
    Long may it continue too!
    Oh, and here are some of my Casio watches, for those who think you can't love realistically priced watches and more expensive one's too.
    I'm free & easy with my love!
    Casio HOTBIZ, lol, screams the 90's!

Nice collection pal!
    HiggsBoson likes this.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information