Wow I haven't been here in a while...

Thread: Wow I haven't been here in a while...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Off topic Wow I haven't been here in a while...

Hey Guys!

Now I know this isn't the usual thread everyone is used to seeing- in fact it's Off Topic. But I just wanted to share a little bit of my good times.

I've been missing from here for about a year and a half now, and just thought I'd update a few of you on what I have been doing since my disappearance.

Since about Last year my time has been dedicated to my current obsession. Mountain Bikes. But of course through all my adventures, a rugged watch has always accompanied me.

Through most of my rides the one watch that constantly found itself attached to me was my PAW1300. However through all my crashes it has seen a small share of damage mainly due to shock. Now even though the Baro, and Alti still work, they are fairly inaccurate. Does anyone know if this is a fixable problem?

My big dilema is deciding on a new watch. So I thought everyone could help me! My main interest right now in a watch is a big display, digital, Atomic, Shock resist, Stopwatch, CDT, and Solar. What would you suggest?

Here are a few photos from my wacky adventure!

1. Mammoth

3. A little bit of a steep roll in.

4. This was about a 9-10 foot drop once everything was said and done.

Hope no one has too much of problem with this off topic post.

Cheers!
    BROADARROW: PRS-4Q
    CASIO: DW-6100, GW200TC-2V(FROGMAN), G9000-3V (MUDMAN), DW5600E-1V, GW1200BA-1AV, GW6900, PAW-1300-1V(PATHFINDER), GW-7900B, G-7900
    SWISS ARMY: ACTIVE ORIGINAL SAI 24378
    SEIKO: BLACK MONSTER, SKX007, 300M TUNA CAN
    OAKLEY: D1 BLACK/BLACK

Wink Re: Wow I haven't been here in a while...

Hi 1414, That's a long time ago. Cool pics. I remember a similar "roll in" about a year ago. A friend of me made a double salto, so I wisely walked a few feet down

Big display, atomic? Maybe a GW-(M)5600? I think for your hobby pobably a GW-9000 Mudman is better. I believe I read in the Riseman manual that the accuracy of the barometer and altimeter is effected negative if it is exposed to hard shockes (like falling, bouncing on rocks etc). Sounds like what happens to your 1300...

I got to run for school,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Wow I haven't been here in a while...

Thanks for those cool photos. I have been mountain biking since 1985. but never got into anything to crazy.

I think the best one for what you want to do and what you had is the new G9200 Riseman. it has atomic 6 band, solar, altimeter, baro, temp. hard to beat, and a really comfortable band. the display is not the largest but it still good

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great pics! MTB'ing is seriously good fun!

Yeah, check out the new Riseman for your next G. It's the latest craze mate...

where about are you in ca. im by temecula you ever ride up or down mt wilson. very cool for a night ride 9 miles of down hill.

the great thing about the riseman is you can get it for 150. from leisure pro. they sell so many they are usally out of stock but get them in very quickly. photo and link

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/CASGW...3don%26Hit%3d1

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Thanks for the comments guys!

Although I do like the Riseman very much, my main concern is about rough impact. Because I have been known to smash a few washes in my crashes- for example my wrist deciding to pick a fight with a bould while tumbling downhill.

I don't know how tough the sensors are on the Riseman. Baro and Alt aren't a big deal to me anymore because I rarely use it. And althought he Atomic Mudman has my attention- I never felt that the plastic guard on the backplate was very comfortable. The Gulfman also has my attention but the display looks too small.

Mainly I need a big display, because I don't have enough time to squint while shooting down a rock garden.
    CASIO: DW-6100, GW200TC-2V(FROGMAN), G9000-3V (MUDMAN), DW5600E-1V, GW1200BA-1AV, GW6900, PAW-1300-1V(PATHFINDER), GW-7900B, G-7900

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    where about are you in ca. im by temecula you ever ride up or down mt wilson. very cool for a night ride 9 miles of down hill.
    I am in the Long Beach are per se. Haven't done mount Wilson yet, a few buddies of mine have been shuttling the San Gabes a lot. They say it's about 1.5 hours to get downhill.

But I usually ride in the orange county area. This weekend a few friends including myself will be shuttling san juan/ chiquita.

Cool ride pics.

My suggestion would be the Mudman.

Wink Re: Wow I haven't been here in a while...

Hi 1414,

If you leave the Atomic feature, I think a lot more interesting models rise and also at a more affordable price range too. Your lifestyle might be challenging to the maximum of what a G-Shock can take. G-Shock's are tough, but frequent impact with rocks might eventually kill the crystal.

Check Buzz's video: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showpos...9&postcount=26

I think for rides like yours maybe a simple DW-5600E might be the right watch. You can always sync with the Atomic time of your PAW-1300. The DW-5600E is accurate enough. I don't think you need to know time to the second while running down a hill.

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thanks Sjors.

I guess I'll just go back to beating up the other watches. Oh the other thing too is that the PAW1300 doesn't sync as well as it used to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information