Which WUS member's G collection do you envy the most/you are most impressed? - Page 5
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Which WUS member's G collection do you envy the most/you are most impressed?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Which WUS member's G collection do you envy the most/you are most impressed?

Sjor's lume shot

Re: Which WUS member's G collection do you envy the most/you are most impressed?

Thank you guys for your kind words and your support. Really appreciated. Ok It's difficult singling out members and also I don't like dwelling in,- and glorifying the past - however I'll be mentioning a few for various reasons. First & foremost my idol and mentor EasternMikey. Yeah it's a very long time ago - in fact when everything had started (2013) but gotta emphasise his influence and guidance. Such a kind fella with one of the finest collections I have seen and on top immensely patient, friendly and helpful. Sadly he just disappeared one day Then of course the Master of the photography Gripmaster. Sensational! Just the best of the best and G Shock wise imho unheard-of. Yes he's a professional - but nevertheless his vision, skills, great eye for the moment, inspiration, taste, his love of adventures... simply mind blowing and he has had a great collection too. Top notch all the way. Ok fast moving forward of course gotta say T4P. A stellar collection ( new releases but older ones too ) and so so diversified; A fine person on top. Gents like him are keeping me going and going. Stay with us as long as possible If you read this. Then the F17 veteran Yankee with his huge collection ( contemporary and vintage ). Last but not least Piowa. I just can't praise him enough for his work and effort. It keeps us somehow together - The various counting threads, the annual vacation threads and so on but above all his humble and respectful approach towards his fellow forum members. He loves a simple square or the expensive Titanium Frogman without preconceptions. Not a hint of jealousy in any shape or form nor enviousness whatsoever despite his tiny collection A rare gift! Truly remarkable and the pillar of our forum. Ok thanks again for the fine comments and support. My list could be way way longer ( - but that's it for now and as said before - no looking back - Go forward!

Knives and Lint - for his incredibly well-executed custom jobs!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=Joakim Agren;43651745]In a thread such as this do I deserve some honorable mention in some category perhaps?

I shall mimic our esteemed member Joakim.. where's MY honorable mention.. I'm feeling a lil bit salty right now!! I'M JUST PLAYING .. and ill restate what another member said earlier in the post.. I need to see some pics before i cast my vote. Haven't really been up here a lot lately. I need my memory refreshed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

KungFusion and Knives and Lint
    Knives and Lint likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersfanVA View Post
    I shall mimic our esteemed member Joakim.. where's MY honorable mention.. I'm feeling a lil bit salty right now!! I'M JUST PLAYING .. and ill restate what another member said earlier in the post.. I need to see some pics before i cast my vote. Haven't really been up here a lot lately. I need my memory refreshed.

you are a Steelers fan, you know we get no love, #jealous #6 # cityofchampions
    steelersfanVA likes this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

My turn to give a few shout outs, not necessarily because I envy anybody's collection, but more so because I respect these people as members and collectors. I've only been a member of F17 for a few months now (though a long time WUS member), and it has quickly become my favorite watch collector's group, not only because of the sheer variety of pieces that Casio has produced, which in turn draws all kinds of different and interesting collectors, but also because the members (barring a few trolls) seem helpful, encouraging and genuinely excited about the brand, which in turn is very infectious.

Time4Playnow: He introduced me to the Pro Trek line, which I now adore, but he's also filled this forum with detailed, helpful posts about his latest acquisitions, which are often pieces that many members have interest in (though perhaps not everyone can afford). He's always humble and generous with his knowledge and encouraging of other members regardless of their personal tastes and collections, but he's also not afraid to put trolls in their place if he thinks people are being disrespectful, which I in turn respect.

Steelerswit: Though I don't follow football, this member certainly has the "wit" end down, as I greatly enjoy reading his humorous posts and replies, which help us all not to take this watch collecting business too seriously (though he himself is a very serious collector judging by his staggering collection). His "Shock Archive" post is bar none one of the most incredible watch threads I've ever read, and I greatly admire his ability to track down worn down pre-owned pieces and bring them gloriously back to life with new and multi-colored bands, cases and keepers. I like to think of this member as the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.

Deepsea_dweller: I'm convinced this member owns a G-Shock megastore in HK, as his personal inventory of high-end pieces is simply mind-boggling. I respect his generous support of other members and fine and creative photography skills, which always add color to this forum. He also helps bring all members together with his regular WRUW threads, which I appreciate and enjoy.
    Last edited by kubr1ck; July 29th, 2017 at 00:02.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    you are a Steelers fan, you know we get no love, #jealous #6 # cityofchampions
    U got that right brother!

Steelerswit likes this.

Steelerswit: Though I don't follow football, this member certainly has the "wit" end down, as I greatly enjoy reading his humorous posts and replies, which help us all not to take this watch collecting business too seriously (though he himself is a very serious collector judging by his staggering collection). His "Shock Archive" post is bar none one of the most incredible watch threads I've ever read, and I greatly admire his ability to track down worn down pre-owned pieces and bring them gloriously back to life with new and multi-colored bands, cases and keepers. I like to think of this member as the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    thank you for the kind words and i love this line, and added to my sig line!
    Last edited by Steelerswit; July 29th, 2017 at 00:31.
    jcombs1, kubr1ck and Time4Playnow like this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

My turn to give a few shout outs, not necessarily because I envy anybody's collection, but more so because I respect these people as members and collectors...
    I'm glad this thread turned into showing respects for others rather than envy. It proves that the anonymity of the internet hasn't change humanity much. Each one of us is a unique individual and more complex than any generalization can describe us. It is great to see a worldwide community that shares the same hobby. It is the joy of sharing and the sharing of joy that enables our watch hobby.

I sometimes find the forum is just as addictive as buying / collecting watches. I spent more time looking at threads/posts, thinking of what new threads/posts to make, and "hanging" around the forum, than it is for acquiring watches. Sometimes, we may get carried away by fun, myself included. I apologize if I've ever said anything disrespectful. It is important to remember it is a forum primarily for sharing the hobby of watches. Our personal believes, occupations and knowledge beyond watches are mostly irrelevant. Although some of us can't help (including myself) to bring out our own personalities overtime, it is important to stay focus on the main topic for watches.

It is also hard to agree to disagree even for opinions strictly for watches. We just have to have a mature mindset to respect our differences. Remember it is the freedom to disagree that builds the foundation of a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsea_dweller View Post
    ...as said before - no looking back - Go forward!
    Understand you don't like to look back to the past, but suddenly remember two members who used to frequent F17. One is your friend Pachoe and another is JohnQFord (Greg). Seems like they are still around in WUS but just not visiting this forum any more. I guess people's interests could change and sometimes just get tired of the routine of similar threads / posts.

As they say, old members don't just disappear, they just fade away! LOL

Two incomings in my life, marriage and potentially a new career path. I find that I should be better prioritizing my time for the priorities in my life. So as a respectful fore warning, I too will fade away, at least for a while. But for sure I won't forget this community and obviously will continued to enjoy my watches.

I wish the world tour for our beloved Frogster will continue successfully to Australia, and extend its path to Asia as well! There are lots of good new members, and I wish the F17 community to continue to grow stronger than ever! Best wishes and thanks to all.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information