WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which WUS member's G collection do you envy the most/you are most impressed?

9K views 61 replies 30 participants last post by  Drunken_Munki 
#1 ·
So here's the rules:

1. You should vote for 1 wus member only, and tell the reason why you envy/admire that member's collection. Just 1 guy, so better think twice (no backsies :-d ), and no, you cant vote for that guy in instaface/facegram with a thousand g pics (unless that guy is a WUS member)

2. No voting for your own collection... because that would just be weird :rodekaart well, "technically" you could vote for your own collection using a different forum account, but that would just make it even more weird, plus this is for fun only, not ego stroking :-d

3. No flaming/trolling of other posters pick please. You cant say "yeah, but member's rangemaster collection is just better than the guy you picked". Let's keep a positive discussion.

4. You dont have to pick a member, just because he picked you, also no need for "thanks" posts, but you are welcome to "like" that post which picked you ;-)

========================================

so i'll start, im mostly impressed with fergfour's collection, his custom squares just make me drool :p , PLUS, his most recent acquisitions (mrg's) made me think, this guy must have a time machine or something. I dunno where he gets his watches, but i guess, finding old G's in almost perfect condition is a skill of his that i also admire aside from his collection.

See less See more
#3 ·
As we say on Rennlist...THIS THREAD IS IN NEED OF PICTURES.

#5 · (Edited)
I am most impressed with Deepsea_Dweller collection. He also has great photographic skils and a good taste for colorful G-Shocks. :p Many of his group shots include watches complexively more expensive than my car so I'm not following his path for a while though :-d

I reeeeally appreciate this latest addition. (DSSD pic)

#8 ·
Would like to see him post up pics of his trove.

#9 ·
Sjors. Hands down. His devotion to the brand and prolific documenting of his watches makes it a no-questions-asked win for him. There are runners up, though. Plenty. Kung Fusion used to have a remarkable collection, especially ones he had modified. And Deep Sea Dweller is the consummate Frogman! Or ABC-man. Huge number of multi-function G-Shocks. Mitch is the consummate bargain hunter -- that guy scours Yahoo Japan like there's no tomorrow, churning up deals to make you jealous for weeks. He has the best "unusual" collection of G-Shocks around. ;-) There was a G-Shock forum mod, Kronos, that has an absolutely enormous collection. So many color variants of many models. He's the G-Color meister. Sadly, he's rarely around now.

#18 ·
We are allowed to have "honorable mentions", aren't we? ;-) Agree with Xevious' picks, and here are few more honorable mentions.

Sedi, former moderator / member, a ton of great watch reviews from him for older G-Shocks and Casio's. :-!

Gripmaster, former member, a true G-Shock adventurer who provided us some magnificent photography high above in the mountains. :-!

Mike K.
, former member, he's the "Forum Helpdesk" person. Whenever novice members were in need for answers to their questions on their G-Shocks, he would be there contributing his accumulated knowledge with no hesitance. :-!

Kosio
, great collector of historical and geeky Casio watches. :-!

Knives and Lint
, another Master Modder since Kung. Some very creative and colorful modded G's and Casio's from him. :-!

Time4PlayNow
, another Mass Collector ;-) like Sjors and DSD. Not only have impressive collection of watches, but also give us great reviews with galore of photos. :-!

Deepsea_Dweller
, while many mentioned him due to his impressive collection of high end G's, don't forget he's also the creator of the best ongoing thread in the forum: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/casio-g-shock-nature-878485-284.html 284 pages and counting! :-!

Brvheart
, great forum photographer. His "Eye Candy" threads are truly drool worthy! :-!

AirWatch
, another great forum photographer. His photography can make a $20 watch look like a $200 one! His animated GIFs are truly remarkable, especially ones showing the back light in action! :-!

There are more of course, but those are who I can remember for the time being.

#14 · (Edited)
3. No flaming/trolling
Are you talking about yourself, Mr. G-Shock spelling backward and he who prefers a B640W more than any other G's? :-d Kidding.

If I have to pick 1 member who I'm impressed, there's only 1 person come up in my mind: Piowa. The one G-Shock enthusiast who has the greatest self-control and the astonishing determination to keep his watch possession to the minimum. He prefers to enjoy his collection that he once had through time (i.e. his "virtual collection"), rather than the urge to forever possess. Truly should be a role model for all of us! :-!

#26 ·
If I have to pick 1 member who I'm impressed, there's only 1 person come up in my mind: Piowa. The one G-Shock enthusiast who has the greatest self-control and the astonishing determination to keep his watch possession to the minimum. He prefers to enjoy his collection that he once had through time (i.e. his "virtual collection"), rather than the urge to forever possess. Truly should be a role model for all of us! :-!
I am most impressed with Piowa's restraint and self-control to keep his Gs to a minimum! I cannot fathom how he does it, but somehow he does. Plus he takes fantastic photos that also often show his Gs "in action," AND let's not forget how he has selflessly donated much of his time to make and keep the "Counting" threads going!!! :-!:-!:-! Many thanks to Piowa!! |>|>|>
Thanks a lot, guys. It is really huge honor to be mentioned in this thread.

I have two watches now, but I want to be "one watch man" very soon.
8--))

Cheers, Piowa

#17 · (Edited)
i'll start, im mostly impressed with fergfour's collection, his custom squares just make me drool :p , PLUS, his most recent acquisitions (mrg's) made me think, this guy must have a time machine or something. I dunno where he gets his watches, but i guess, finding old G's in almost perfect condition is a skill of his that i also admire aside from his collection.
Thanks kcohS-G, glad you like em! I've been slacking on keeping my collection up to date actually. I'll have to get on that. Once I finish some time machine adjustments I should be getting another mrg and a funky square in a couple days b-)

Hard time picking one person, mainly because I probably haven't seen the full collections of everyone, so many have vast collections, and my tastes are sorta limited to certain models. Off the top of my head, mitch. Partly because he posted his collection somewhat recently so it's more fresh in my mind, he has some of the harder to find special releases, and nice mrg's. I do have to give a shout out to civicrydr and knives&lint for the custom squares, and xevious for the mrg's as well.

#19 ·
I am most impressed with Piowa's restraint and self-control to keep his Gs to a minimum! I cannot fathom how he does it, but somehow he does. Plus he takes fantastic photos that also often show his Gs "in action," AND let's not forget how he has selflessly donated much of his time to make and keep the "Counting" threads going!!! :-!:-!:-! Many thanks to Piowa!! |>|>|>

My own "honorable mentions" go first to DSD, for his love of Frogs and Mudmasters (and Rangemen), and for sharing his great photos and enthusiasm with us. :-! My other honorable mention goes to Fergfour, for the incredible square collection he has, but also for his ability to locate the COOLEST vintage Gs, most of which I never even knew existed!!! :-! I agree with the other honorable mentions listed as well.

#20 ·
my fave collectors are those with wide variety in colours, models and sizes from across the catalogue and also those that wear them.
t4pn - for having very similar tastes to me on alot of models and shows some restraint (not much but some :p )
yankeexpress - good variety on modern ones but even better vintage collection. all get worn but are all still in such good nick |> never get sick of the multi reposts on the pokemon (gotta catch them all :p ) collection of certain models. the incorrect white balance on the photos annoys the heck out of me tho :p haha
knl - as mentioned, mod master. clean, cohesive mods |>
nathansr - under the radar collector, huge variety that you dont even think about till you come across his selling posts. if i was living in the usa (or had a more patient/understanding connection haha) and the AUD wasnt in the toilet i would have at least half his collection by now!
steelerswit - not a premium collector but likes what he likes and is happy to keep adding to it |>
sodamonkey - for all those ridiculous steals
bncrpt - also gets ridiculous steals but on EVERYthing. many models which ive watched for years, not dipping in price yet as soon as one comes up hes all over it. pretty sure he has a spidey G sense

#23 ·
i have been thinking this thread over, and i have mixed feelings about it. yes, there are many great collections here, but everyone below Sjors is equal to me. weather you have 200 or 2, we are all here for the love of the G. some like the expensive G, others the oddballs, the eclectic hoarder, or those that are not financially equipped to have what they really want. there is the member that has his one G and thats all he wants, but is here admiring others stuff without envy or desire.

so basically, what im saying is, we all like a pat on the back and a kudo on a score, but in the end, we are all equal.

except for the Trolls~

#24 ·
i have been thinking this thread over, and i have mixed feelings about it. yes, there are many great collections here, but everyone below Sjors is equal to me. weather you have 200 or 2, we are all here for the love of the G. some like the expensive G, others the oddballs, the eclectic hoarder, or those that are not financially equipped to have what they really want. there is the member that has his one G and thats all he wants, but is here admiring others stuff without envy or desire.

so basically, what im saying is, we all like a pat on the back and a kudo on a score, but in the end, we are all equal.

except for the Trolls~
Bravo

#34 ·
In a thread such as this do I deserve some honorable mention in some category perhaps?:-d:-d:-d

Most of the ones I envy!:-d have already been mentioned by others but they include Sjors of course, Deepsea_dweller, Gripmaster, Kronos and a few others. A special mention goes to Piowa for his unnatural ability to prune his collection down. Love the unique way in which he always put new models on trial to see how they stack up over time towards his fave.

#35 ·
In a thread such as this do I deserve some honorable mention in some category perhaps?:-d:-d:-d

Most of the ones I envy!:-d have already been mentioned by others but they include Sjors of course, Deepsea_dweller, Gripmaster, Kronos and a few others. A special mention goes to Piowa for his unnatural ability to prune his collection down. Love the unique way in which he always put new models on trial to see how they stack up over time towards his fave.
To put it simply -- no.

:-d Kidding. To be quite honest Joakim, I think you need to post more often here because I cannot even recall many specific Gs in your collection! ;-) I know you like bright colors and have made some great choices along those lines. If I'm not mistaken, you have the Lightning Yellow Rangeman, which I've always liked. (and used to own) I believe you also have the green and purple "Devastator" model - which spurred me to get it. :-d Anyway IMO, you deserve an honorable mention for collecting some very cool, brightly colored Gs! :-! And maybe even more than that, you provide a wealth of knowledge on Gs and Casio, in general. I suspect that you have an "insider" at Casio, or at least in Japan, from whom you get information. Otherwise, I'm not sure how you get all of the facts that you continually give us here. :think:

#38 ·
Agree about all of the great collections mentioned.....and re-mentioning Sjors.......

But there is one collection I have not seen memtioned:

Vade_R which is right in the there! Modern and Vintage G-Shocks. He obtained KungFusion's MRG-1100 Frogman.

#39 ·
Shouldn't we be talking about collections of current members? I recognize most of the names mentioned, but some members I have not seen active here for years.... Just 'sayin. ;-)

#42 ·
Thank you guys for your kind words and your support. Really appreciated. Ok It's difficult singling out members and also I don't like dwelling in,- and glorifying the past - however I'll be mentioning a few for various reasons. First & foremost my idol and mentor EasternMikey. Yeah it's a very long time ago - in fact when everything had started (2013) but gotta emphasise his influence and guidance. Such a kind fella with one of the finest collections I have seen and on top immensely patient, friendly and helpful. Sadly he just disappeared one day :-( Then of course the Master of the photography Gripmaster. Sensational! Just the best of the best and G Shock wise imho unheard-of. Yes he's a professional - but nevertheless his vision, skills, great eye for the moment, inspiration, taste, his love of adventures... simply mind blowing and he has had a great collection too. Top notch all the way. Ok fast moving forward of course gotta say T4P. A stellar collection ( new releases but older ones too ) and so so diversified; A fine person on top. Gents like him are keeping me going and going. Stay with us as long as possible If you read this. Then the F17 veteran Yankee with his huge collection ( contemporary and vintage ). Last but not least Piowa. I just can't praise him enough for his work and effort. It keeps us somehow together - The various counting threads, the annual vacation threads and so on but above all his humble and respectful approach towards his fellow forum members. He loves a simple square or the expensive Titanium Frogman without preconceptions. Not a hint of jealousy in any shape or form nor enviousness whatsoever despite his tiny collection [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]A rare gift! Truly remarkable and the pillar of our forum. Ok thanks again for the fine comments and support. My list could be way way longer ( - but that's it for now [emoji41]and as said before - no looking back - Go forward!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.