Yellow Frog Vs Dee & Ricky

Poll: Which would you choose

Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Yellow Frog Vs Dee & Ricky

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yellow Frog Vs Dee & Ricky

Hello guys, It is hard for me to decide the two cuz they are in "hmm...good to have" but not "I must have" category. A little Apple Vs Orange, Here is my dilemma:

Dee & Ricky (White)
    As much I like uniqueness of this watch there are several issues with it. First, it is a white watch but I don't hv a white or analogue G. I would like to have a white G in my collection to represent but the same time i don't baby my G-Shock so white is annoying...2nd, I generally don't like collab G. I don't like to see other logo other than G-Shock label. Personally I find D&R logo design is tasteless. This can be solved by purchase GA-110 strap to replace. My 3rd issue is, Made in China. Don't get me wrong, I don't have problem with watch MIC but I have problem spending more than $150 for MIC. D&R is a hyped watch. While I believe black D&R will keep its price well, I don't see the same with white D&R. I believe its hype will decline. White watches doesn't do well against time...

Yellow Frog (GF-8250-9JF)
    I like the liveliness of this frog. Egg yoke yellow is a good note but...I do have a yellow Jason G-001 I love. Although its different kinda yellow and watch, similar color will fight each time I try to pick one up. I own a atomic red frog which makes module on 8250 not as unique. Atomic Red, Real Black(8200BK) and Final(200Z) each has strong character, the GF-8250 feel like borrow a little here, borrow a little there. This yellow frog seem to share the same fate as Final frog. They are less desirable which makes them more affordable. Worry about G get dirty, a yellow G not much better than a white G. They just don't turn yellow :P

I am known to own G-Shocks that are too big for my thin wrist. I buy G by design, not by fitting so size does not come much of play. At this point both are about the same price.
    Hopefully I don't sound too negative and picky. Never the the less, they are beautiful models. After all, I do have urge to buy yet a feeling holding me back. Now you know why they don't fall in "I must have' category.
    They sure need no intro but a little stock photo just in case. Would like to hear your 2¢ on this, thanks advance.

Name:  New-G-Shock-Protection-GA111DR-7A-Dee-Rickey-Pic-2.jpg
Views: 5712
Size:  60.6 KBName:  gf-8250-9jf.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  65.9 KB
    Last edited by wuyeah; June 3rd, 2012 at 05:55.

Re: Yellow Frog Vs Dee & Ricky

personally i don't like either of them, and from your post you don't sound to keen on either as well.. i say don't get either, save the cash for something that's coming out soon, people have been saying there is a new dee and ricky coming out this year, that 1 might be better.. wait and see what's coming out.
    wuyeah likes this.

For me it's pretty simple ... I just never have warmed to the GA-110 series, and this one isn't helping. The yellow 8250 ... I hear what you're saying compared to other Frogs, but it is a remarkable piece nonetheless. In fact whenever I am wearing another yellow G, I usually think I should be rocking the yellow Frog instead!

So a strong vote on yellow 8250 from me!

Last edited by JonL; June 3rd, 2012 at 06:01.
    wuyeah likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

If you want them just for your collection, then honestly, buy the one that you find most attractive. But if you want one to wear and use, get the Frog. Though I don't have the D&R, that Frog is a GREAT watch to wear all around (if all that yellow doesn't hurt your eyes). As I said, I don't have the D&R to say from personal experience, but in terms of wearable horological instrument I don't expect it to be better then the Frog.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

LUW

Not that a pic will prove my argument, but it won't hurt either...

wuyeah likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    Not that a pic will prove my argument, but it won't hurt either...

I looks beautiful on you :)

LUW

Nah, too loud for me.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

I have both and wear the yellow frog more..... The yellow frog is actually worth the price
    wuyeah likes this.

I'm not personally a fan of the D&R and out of the two I would choose the Frog. If you just want to have a white watch in your collection there are plenty of other good choices that will cost a lot less and you will be more likely to wear. Just my .02c
    wuyeah likes this.

Neither float my boat.

Buying to collect and cherish is fine if you have the finances.

Buying with half a heart means half the pleasure and leaves room for the strongest weed of all to grow.

Doubt.

Goodness, aren't there enough out there u really do like?

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    wuyeah likes this.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information