Yes, it's another GW-9300 Mudman thread. My photos
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Yes, it's another GW-9300 Mudman thread. My photos

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Yes, it's another GW-9300 Mudman thread. My photos

My new GW-9300 arrived from Japan today! I want to recommend Time Garden on Rakuten. Shin Kato, the owner of the store, always ships quickly and professionally, does not charge consumption tax to international buyers, and took the time to gift wrap the watch for free. I did not even request this service. This time, he really outdid himself and also threw in a G-shock wrist band and a very nice leather Pro Trek keychain, also gift-wrapped.

The gift-wrapped box, within the main box

The freebies (thanks!)

Glamour shot

The underside of the carbon fiber band, with macro detail

Side view

Caseback (should be a screwback at this price, Casio)

Nice bright EL

Wrist shots

Impressions:

When I opened the box, the watch was smaller than I thought it would be (thankfully). The band is very comfortable. It is a fairly thin band, but no doubt very strong due to the carbon fiber. It is much less stiff than the carbon fiber band of the GW-S5600. When worn, there are no gaps between the band and the wrist, so even though the watch is pretty chunky, it doesn't wear large at all. In fact, the only thing that makes it seem somewhat large is that it is tall, but not too much. I think it is just right.

The band fits my 6.75 inch wrist perfectly. I was worried it might fit "between holes" like with the Frogman and Gulfman, and the watch would be too loose or too tight. As it is, it could not be a more perfect fit for me.

The metal ring around the watch is blacked out, giving a very classy look. The red is a tasteful shade. The display is perfect.

Only thing I don't like is that the buttons are a little hard to push, similar to a 5500... maybe slightly easier than that because they are nice and large, but still a little more difficult than I would wish.

I love the one second tick, and the fact that everything you need to see is displayed at once. Digits are smaller than I thought they would be, so I'm glad I got the positive display.
    Last edited by kung-fusion; July 10th, 2011 at 04:07.

Re: Yes, it's another GW-9300 Mudman thread. My photos

Congrats!
    Looks so nice.
    I am glad that it fits your 6.75" wrist well because my wrist is the same size and I was concerned about the watch being too big.
    I like the regular display too and will be buying one when they release in the US.

By the way, what is the Sellers website?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    By the way, what is the Sellers website?

They are on Rakuten, as Time-g

Rakuten: Time-g (

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very very nice! I thought I had enough G's, but I like this.

What is a "one second tick"? Also, that compass dial. Is that continuous? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

My collection may be complete, but it is never completed

Collection: Rolex Submariner 116610; Seikos Orange Monster, Black Monster, 007 (X2) 009, SRPB53, SPB079, and SRP775; Hamilton Khaki 42mm; Halios Laguna; 2012 WUS CMW Forum Dual Crown Project Watch; Invite Pro Diver 8926OB; Casio Pathfinder PAG40; G-Shock GD350, GW7900B-1, DW9052-1BCG. GMW5610-1, DW5600, DW5600CMB-1, DW5900, GW-9400-1CR; Orient 2ER; Some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by copperjohn View Post
    Very very nice! I thought I had enough G's, but I like this.

What is a "one second tick"? Also, that compass dial. Is that continuous? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    The compass works when you press the compass button. Otherwise, the compass dial is used to show the "ticking" of the seconds, so at 30 seconds, it would be halfway full, at 59 seconds, it would be almost totally full. But one thing I don't like is that for even numbered minutes, it starts off empty and slowly fills up with black lines, but for odd numbered minutes, it starts off full and slowly empties going clockwise. I wish it always started off empty.

Ah, like a small seconds. Cool.

My collection may be complete, but it is never completed

Collection: Rolex Submariner 116610; Seikos Orange Monster, Black Monster, 007 (X2) 009, SRPB53, SPB079, and SRP775; Hamilton Khaki 42mm; Halios Laguna; 2012 WUS CMW Forum Dual Crown Project Watch; Invite Pro Diver 8926OB; Casio Pathfinder PAG40; G-Shock GD350, GW7900B-1, DW9052-1BCG. GMW5610-1, DW5600, DW5600CMB-1, DW5900, GW-9400-1CR; Orient 2ER; Some other stuff.

Congrats on what is appearing to be the ultimate "G". Big, chunky, very useful multi-functions, and even a bit classy in looks. All things a G should be.... one will be on my wrist sooner rather than later.... enjoy.

Oh and yeah - awesome pics! Excellent macros.

I like this new design for the mudman, but i love the black & gold version more
    but then the face looks similar to the riseman, so i wonder what casio would come up with the future's riseman's design ????

thanks for sharing

Sweet pics man! I said, no matter which one I got, I would wished I'd gotten the other. Lol.

I like my black one though.

Great pictures of a really cool watch. I'm liking the positive display version better than the negative one, but both are very nice. That was a nice touch for the seller to gift wrap it and throw in some Casio swag. Congrats on the new G and wear it in good health.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information